Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment & Customer processes - One Project

former_member523116
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in blueprint phase. My client is into automotive cable manufacturing process. This process looks like complex and it implies that to handle a large projects.

My client has both Investment and Customer projects. For tight expense control and specific to their process, they DON’T want to have separate projects. Approved expenditure will be used for BOTH the projects.

Please throw some light on...

1. What impacts the process negatively if I create Investment and customer projects as WBSEs in one project after approved expenditure?
  2. As per my knowledge I think I can follow the point#1 by having the restriction to the WBSEs with operative Indicators and finally, cost controlling will be done at individual WBSEs for a project. Right?

Thanks in advance.

GUJJU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gujju,

Do you want a project for managing budget and this approved budget can be used or in an investment WBS or  in a customer WBS. And you will have a WBS level 2 for investment with their structure and another WBS level 2 for customer..is this  your requirement?

I think technically it is pssible, obviously you cannot define some parameters at project profile level ( investment profile, type of object, results analysis, billing flag....) that the user will have to maintain manually or using substitutions.

But..functionality I Have a doubt, the budget is approved and it can be spent in a investment project or in a customer ?

Regards

former_member523116
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sara.

Yes, the requirement is right.

The approved budget is spent on both the projects (in my case on both WBSEs - INVST & CUST).

Looking for other experts to comment. Thanks.

Thanks,

GUJJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gujju

i would suggest you to create a standard project structure with 2 wbs one for investment having investment profile  and other customer wbs having customer Project Profile in a single project.whenever you want to create a project just copy the standard project into an operative project.

i feel this would answer your question

please revert back

former_member523116
Participant
0 Kudos

Vijay - What you said is correct! Here I am looking for negative impacts if I follow the above said process ?

Looking for other experts replies..

Thanks,

GUJJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are looking from your angle? how about the CO side. I am pretty sure this would gives problem interms of financial data flow to CO & FI side becuse of two profiles being maintained.

I would suggest it would be easy to execute if you have two projects one for Investment and other one for Revenue.

Certainly I will not encourage!.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically it could work but it will require much more manual set-up than is normally done.  Like Sara Gill said you will not be able to predefine the various profiles in the project profile configuration.  They will have to be manually set in the WBS elements.  It will take an expert to know how to set up a project correctly.  Substitutions and Validations will not work or be very complicated to work differently in the different WBS elements in the same project.  This approach is not recommended.  there are other ways to get proper reporting from multiple projects. 

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create templates with all the data required to mitigate user error

Regards

Virendra