cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM/ DEPLOYMENT HEURISTICS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I ran the CTM with the demand Prioritization for Sales oordes over the Forecast using the ATP category Special sorting feature of CTM.

CTM Results are Good as desired- However I am trying to run Deployment Heuristics after this run, Deplyment is doing nothing no deployment results. WHy?

Regards

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Normal SNP heuristics run generates the receipt and requirement orders with AG (at destination) and BH (at source) ATP categories respectively. In case of CTM run, it would be EA (receipt order at destination) and EB (requirement order at source).

Ensure to add these categories in your ATD Receipt and ATD Issue category groups. The deployment engine first checks the location product master (SNP2 tab) for these categories, then location master (SNP tab), finally the ATR and ATI groups (SPRO -> APO->SCP->SNP->Basic Settings->Maintain Category Groups).

The ATD Receipt category at destination location must contain EA (i.e. receipt order) so that deployment recognizes the demand at source location and plan the available receipts according to the defined deployment rules.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a very useful info Rajesh.

I want to understand it clearly that do we have to maitain the TAD R & ATD I on the DC locations also or u want me to add these Categories on the Plant.

coz i tried adding EA to the AT Receipts group on the location but that's not working

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

We need to maintain both ATI (ATD qty - issues) and ATR (ATD qty - receipts) groups at source and destination locations. I should have explicitly mentioned this in the previous post.

At destination location:

ATI - Demand elements

ATR - EA and other receipt elements

At source location

ATI - EB and other demand elements

ATR - Receipt elements

In your SNP planning book, you could see these quantities against ATD Issues and ATD Receipts key figures for each locations. When you execute deployment at source location, the deployment engine make use of these values and distributes the available quantities based on deployment rules and push/pull horizons.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did maintain the above setting..yet it doesnt deploy....

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • In your planning book, you should be able to see ATD issues and ATD receipts key figures. The periodic quantities of orders whose categories included in your ATI and ATR category groups must match with  these key figure values.
  • I believe your CTM profile uses the same SNP planning area that you used for deployment.

Pl check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see ATD ISSUES & ATD RECEIPTS key figures in the Planning book....

What do u mean by " The periodic quantities of orders whose categories included in your ATI and ATR category groups must match with  these key figure values."

All we do in the planning book is kEY FIGURE ASSIGNMEN..

According to me:

We define or use the standard Category goup ...assign it to the Location Master....& the ATD Receiots/Issues KF figure access it from this ...m I RIGHT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i check the Planning Area of the CTM run...I am able to see the result in the Planning Book where i am seeing the Heuristics Result...that means its using the same planning Area right..coz Deploy,ent works fine when i run Heuristics

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel,

Use t.code /sapapo/ctmcust to change the CTM global settings as shown in the following screenshot. The changes allow the CTM engine to initialize the CTM order categories to that of your planning area (instead of default categories). This allows the SNP deployment engine to recognize the CTM orders and plan.

(If the issue still persist, let me know the ATP category of your receipt order at destination and that requirement order at source - SNP default categories are AG and BH respectively).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh - My Planning area is the same ...as well as the Substitution category for SNP is also checked...

The Receipt element at the destination is EA n the demand element of the source location CTM is generating is EB...

What changes are u suggesting to make?

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel

You need to uncheck "substitute snp orders" setting and ensure that CTM uses AG and BH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh- Many Thanks...the SPRO change worked.

Regards

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question....y do u think SAP assigns different categories for the similar kind of orders??

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As CTM is capable of generating both PP/DS and SNP orders, it is required to differentiate the CTM orders based on the application. Due to this reason, SAP used different categories to represent the same kind of orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.....gotcha...for some reason after this change the main requirement of satisfying the SO over forecast is not working well...looking into it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

By changing these categories....in future we are planning to do PPDS...ll dis be a show stopper?

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel,

In /sapapo/ctmcust, you would have seen ATP categories for PP/DS which are predominantly used by SNP too (for instance AG and BH). So, I don't see an issue if you move to PP/DS later.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Rajesh...Now my previous logic is also working...SO over the Forecast....

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we handle the dependent demand...as we have both Planned orders & the Process order...with Dependent demand Category is EL/AY..

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel!

With respect to SNP and CTM, the dependent demand's category must be EL. This is still a planned demand. Once you finalize the SNP order and convert it to PP/DS order, then PP/DS will confirm the proposal and convert the dependent order category to AY. It will be the same even for process order (pp/ds order released and converted into process order).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually not understanding what has Planned order or Process order to do with the dependent demand....depenedent demand is coming based on the PDS right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I converted the Planned order generated to satisfy the Dependant Demand (EL) into a Purchase order in ECC n that is sent across to APO....i still see the dependant demand Category as EL.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The planned order for a finished good will generate dependent demand for an assembly/component (BOM explosion by means of PDS).

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I converted the Planned order generated to satisfy the Dependant Demand (EL) into a Purchase order in ECC n that is sent across to APO....i still see the dependant demand Category as EL.

I did not understand this question. Let me put it in a different way with an example.

Assume you have a finished good FG that needs one unit of externally procured component P. The demand for FG is 200CS on 2/25/2013 and you don't have any stock to meet the demand. So, your planning engine (SNP/CTM/PPDS) will generate a planned order for 200CS on 2/25/2013 (assuming no safety stock and transportation is instantaneous). 

The planned order for 200CS of FG generates a demand (Cat EL) of 200CS for component P. If you plan for the component, the system generates a procurement proposal (i.e. PReq) for the quantity required in excess of available stock.

If you convert the SNP planned order into PP/DS planned order (t.code /sapapo/rrp3 or /sapapo/rrp7), the category of purchase requirement for component P is changed from EL to AY. You can then convert the FG's planned order into process order in APO (or ECC) and confirm the production.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case once the planned order is generated ...ll send the planned order to ECC where it is converted to the Process order n sent back to APO in the Production confirmed Key figure...as there is no PPDS as of now...in this case there wont be any conversion of EL to AY right?

My test says there wont be any conversion though EL to AY (not using PPDS as of now)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct. Without PDS, your product will be treated as a single element. So, there is no BOM explosion and subsequent dependent demand generation in APO and hence, no category conversion in APO.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Could you pl check the above mentioned issue during CTM Planning Run, when the box for "Substitute Categories for SNP with" is un-checked and let me know what am i missing?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rachel,

I have been trying execute CTM after un-check the box "Substitute Categories for SNP with", in order to use Deployment Heuristics, but i'm getting the "Multi-Level error propagation carried out" and "Initial category is invalid".

Could you pl let me know what am i missing?

Your immediate response would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel

I believe that you were able to run the deploymetn successfully after the CTM planning run. I have followed the note and have unselected  "substitute categories for SNP with " but I am getting the following error. Could you please let me know if I am missing any setting on the CTM customization screen.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks