cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Schema detail nto editable

0 Kudos

Experts,

I am trying to test end to interface for Contracts and Info records from ERP to SRM-MDM via PI using standard content provided by SAP.

The data when triggered from ERP goes via PI and sits in the following ready folders of the SRM system -

usr/sap/<SID>/MDS30/mdm/distributions/SEA.WORLD_ORCL/SRM_MDM_SBX/Inbound/ERP/_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductID/Ready

/usr/sap/<SID>/MDS30/mdm/distributions/SEA.WORLD_ORCL/SRM_MDM_SBX/Inbound/ERP/_MDMInfoRecordDataTransmission_ProductID/Ready

The file name for Contract data interface is ContractDateTransmission.xsd. I have provided this file name in the receiver file adapter of PI. The file is successfully transfered to the directory for contract data mentioned above.

Now when we go to MDM console, the XML schemas are defined as below -

we are unable to edit the schema to provide the directory/file name and we are stuck here.

Need help

I referred to the thread http://scn.sap.com/message/13778534 to reach up to this place.

Thanks in advance

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

"Error :- Element<ContractItemList>not found in the xml schema" could be because of unavailability of field - Contract Item List in the xml file that you are trying to import. I would suggest opening xml file in notepad & compare with some other xml file (having all fields specific to ContractData xsd file ). I am sure there is some Node missing which is causing such an error.

Or make some alterations to current xml file that you are trying to upload. I am suspicious that error is in xml file near row- Contract Item List.

Please check and let us know!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please update this thread!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have done the simlar integration ERP to MDM for contract data and info Record transmission.

we are successfully able to send the contract item data and info price data to MDM file location.

But, we are trying to upload the same files through MDM import manager we are getting error as

unable to retrieve record for table for MDMContractDataTransmission and InfoRecord while loading the files into MDM import manager.

can you please advise what would be the reason and solution for this error.

thanks and regards,

Krushi.

0 Kudos

Hi Mir et all = apologies for the delay in response.

The issue was resolved after correction in the mapping in SRM-MDM system by the functional consultant and clearing off exception folders at the OS level.

Essentially, we need to ensure that SAP Note 1454369 - SRM-MDM Catalog 7.01 Repository information is followed correctly before it starts working.

Former Member - please follow the note mentioned above if your issue is not resolved yet.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your prompt response. Based on your response, I am trying to explain the scenario here once again with few more questions. Please bear with me if i am asking very basic questions as I am not an MDM/SRM consultant but PI consultant

1. Contract Data triggered from ERP and reaches PI

2. PI creates files with file name as – ContractDataTransmission.xsd in the directory usr/sap/<SID>/MDS30/mdm/distributions/SEA.WORLD_ORCL/SRM_MDM_SBX/Inbound/ERP/_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductID/Ready

3. Now when we go to MDM Import manager and select port for Contract data transmission, it is greyed out.
4. When we see the xml schema in MDM console, it is defined as MDMContractData Transmission without Namespace.xsd.

The question I have are as follows –

1. Is the XSD file the same file that is created by PI system in ready folder “ContractDateTransmission.xsd” or is it the XSD file from the message type in PI?
2. If the correct answer to above question is latter, I can get the XSD file for the message type “MDMContractDataTransmission” from PI system. But shouldn’t XSD currently maintained in the MDM console be referring to the same by default?

3. If the answer to the above question is yes, then why the file port in MDM import manager is greyed out even if there is a file in ready folder “ContractDateTransmission”?

4. we are using standard PI interface so we are not expecting any change to the standard schema. Is the standard schema in MDM is different than the schema of message type in PI?

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

1.File that is extracted out of message type from PI is XSD. The file created in ready folder of MDM is xml file which carries data of a record(passed via PI after extracting from ECC), whereas XSD carries field names and its data types.

2.I would suggest retaining xsd from PI system and uploading it here in MDM console under XML schema table.

3.If Import manager is greyed out after selecting port it means there is no file in ready folder.

4.I dont think standard schema is different from the one in PI but i am just not sure.

At the outset i would suggest retaining xsd from PI and using it over in MDM. As suggested in my previous log, upload it from local machine.

Please see if there are some maps associated to schema which are required to import data inot MDM.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun/Mir

This is where I am right now

1. XSD from PI system is now uploaded on the MDM console and it refers to a colleagues desktop now

2. File created in the ready folder with the name “MDMContractDataTransmission.xml”

3. New entry created in the list of ports with the name “ERP Contract Data Transmission [Exception]”

4. The new entry is not greyed out – may be due to the fact that there is a file created in the ready folder

5. When we select this XML schema, and click on “finish” on MDM import manager, it gives us error as follows

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

For point # 5: You are getting this error because MDM system did not find the XML schema file for ERP Contract Data Transmission port.

You might have loaded .xml file against the schema rather to load .xsd file. See the answer of the below thread. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3291110

Please ask your PI team to give you the XML schema in .xsd format. It should not be in .xml/.wsdl formats.

Could you share the screen-shot of the XML schema record, which you have loaded?

Thx/ -Tarun

0 Kudos

Hi Tarun

The inforecords data file is getting processed successfully. The issue is only with contract data record. the file I have uploadescd on the port is a .xsd file from PI. same way as info record file is uploaded. screenshot attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

As suggested, please check, if you have ContractItemList field in your repository. This field is present in XML file but might not be in repository.

Please check and get back to us.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Glad to know that you have progressed in a steady path with your project.

To address your current - you need to retain xsd from PI team. The xsd that is available over console is a standard one & you cannot make changes to it.

To make changes to schema- you must get the xsd from PI team and save it on your local directory (temporaray fix). Now you can make changes to schema as you wish. To edit fields in schema , right click on schema and open with word pad or text editor. Later save changes and upload the same xsd under XML schema in Admin table.

Please see below screenshot- This would serve as an example. I had my local xsd saved on local drive to perform changes and later uploaded it under XML schema through browse option under "File Name". Hope this would help you !

P.S: Once you have performed changes to schema make sure XSD is saved on a common shared directory from where other developers can access it. XSD under XML schema table should contain common directory path so that others can navigate to the given directory and perform future changes in your absence, which is a standard practise.

Hope this information helps you! Please let me know if any further queries/concerns.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

If I understand correct, you want to change the XML Schema file for MDMContractDataTransmission record. Correct me, if I am wrong.

You need to unload/stop your repository to make the changes in the existing XML Schema record.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right Click on your repository and select Stop/Unload repository.
  2. Once repository is unloaded/stopped, go to XML Schema table.
  3. Select desired e.g. MDMContractDataTransmission record in XML Schema right upper pane.
  4. Double click on input section of File Name field  or click on the browse button to open OpenFile dialog box.
  5. Select appropriate file.
  6. Press Shift + Enter to save XML schema record.
  7. Do Verify and Repair your repository.
  8. Start/Load your repository.

Hope, it will solve your problem.

Thx/ -Tarun