Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java webdynpro Transport

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had changed the existing webdynpro application added new view to existing DC.

System created new Activity in NWDI.

My question is How do i move this changes to QAS and production.

I am pretty new to this area please advice some step by step process to move this chnages to QAS and Production.

thx

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Things to do in NWDI:

In CMS, search for your track and select it. In the right pane you will have options to configure run time systems. Input your quality and production system details.

Things to do in NWDS:

Go to open activities in "development Infrastructure" perspective. Right click on your activity and select "Check-In". Then go to " Transport view" and expand your SC -->DC and under the " waiting to be released" you should be able to see your activity. Right click your activity and select "Release". First activate will happen and then it be released.

Once it is activated and released successfully. You should be able to see your activity under consolidation tab in CMS. Click on "check in" it will move to assembly and then go ahead to move to test and production systems.

Let me know if you have any doubts

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

Thanks for the repl. I did "Checkin" my activity.

Then i didnt find the "Transport view"  in NWDS( I am using 7.0.27). where do i find this transport voew to expand my SC->DC.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I think you are using 7.0. so please follow these steps,

In NWDS, go to windows-->show view-->activation view ( If it is not there, choose others and type activation view ). In activation view,Select your activity, right click--> choose "activate".

Then, go to "activation request view" ( u can find this by same steps mentioned above windows-->show view.....) . Here check for the status of your activity. It should be successful. It will show with a request id and with green icon next to it.

After successful activation go to "transport view". Expand your SC-->yourDC-->your activity. Right click and choose "release".

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

I do see my activities under Open activities in NWDI. But didnt see under Activation view.

Thats did miss something? or is that ok to checkin Activity from open activities.

If this is ok to go ahed(I mean Activity from open activities). So please advice me what is the next step to proced and how to novigate next steps.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Is the check-In proper? You need to do your check-In from open activities view.

If your check-In is successful , your activity should move from open activities and you should be able to see that in activation view.

Try right click on your activity in open activities and see whether you are gettting an option to check-In .

If yes, then check-In has not happened. Do it again.

Feel free to ask if you have doubt

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Is your issue solved?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

After Check-In activity, then waht are the steps need to be involved.

My case: I had production application and i did some changes to it after import from tracks for SC-DCs.

I have an "Activity" for all the chnages i did and i did CheckedIn the acvity. Then what are the stesp to follow move thos into QAS to production.

1. Are  we going to create new track for this change and maintain whole application in new track

like current application there in track while i was importing from NWDI for chnages.

or we need to place this new chnage into old track?  if yes How?

2. Please explain step by step after Checked-In activity.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Folow these steps,

In NWDS, go to windows-->show view-->activation view ( If it is not there, choose others and type activation view ). In activation view,Select your activity, right click--> choose "activate".

Then, go to "activation request view" ( u can find this by same steps mentioned above windows-->show view.....) . Here check for the status of your activity. It should be successful. It will show with a request id and with green icon next to it.

After successful activation go to "transport view". Expand your SC-->yourDC-->your activity. Right click and choose "release".

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash

Had an error while Activate the activity.  Some how one view is not moved properly.

how it stored in Can i know how can we move View in to DTR? Hope this will solve issue.

Not sure how it saved in locally thats why it sis asking me the task now.

Wanna move this view to DTR.

Thanks

Raj.

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash

DTR error rsolved by my self. And have other question.

I have multiple Activities were created back and forth for changes while have an error while activate the Activity.

After successfully Activated last activity. I can see  8 Actcivities under Trasport view.

question: Do i need to release all of the activities one after the another or just release the last Activity  which is successfully from activation view.

If wanna release all of then do i need to realse as per the developnet sequency like first in first release?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Release it in order. Release the one which as been created first.

If you have activities 1,2 ,3 ...release 1 first then 2 then 3.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Swarnaprakash

As i said i have couple of Activities and all of them release successfully( Select all activities from transport view in Waiting stage and Right click Released them).

Now ts been released successfully. Now i able to see my Componet and Label (Activities) Under Consolidation in CMS.

Then what are the steps to perform to move chnage into DEV and QAS and Production syatems?

In CMS, under Consolidation tab i saw Import-Checkin, Import,.. Export SCA and Deployment.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Swarnaprakash

As i said i have couple of Activities and all of them release successfully( Select all activities from transport view in Waiting stage and Right click Released them).

Now ts been released successfully. Now i able to see my Componet and Label (Activities) Under Consolidation in CMS.

Then what are the steps to perform to move chnage into DEV and QAS and Production syatems?

In CMS, under Consolidation tab i saw Import-Checkin, Import,.. Export SCA and Deployment

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Your changes will be in DEV now.

Choose import- check and if it is successful, choose import. Once you do import your activities will be consolidated and will be moved to assembly . And you can go ahead with moving to test and production systems.

Before this, you should have configured your run time systems.

In CMS, search for your track and select it. In the right pane you will have options to configure run time systems. Input your quality and production system details.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

I do seems activities in CMS consolidation

After activated from transport view and Before import.

Didn't see any thing under development tab.

You want me to import checking from consolidation?

Then it will move to Development? Or we need to give

Any dev location.

CMS all dev, was and PRD configured.

My question is, how do I move this activity to exiting

Track where I imported from. Then only it will be

Run whole application.

In CMS how do I move activities?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Once you check in your activity, your changes will be updated in your track and you have already done this.

you said ur run time systems are already configured, so now your changes will be in DEV system ( not under development tab)

what u need to do now is , Do import check and import and your sc will be moved to assembly, means it will be in QA.

Then move to test and production systems.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Want to select new changes for DC from consolidation

And choose  import from consolidation tab?

Then it will move automatically move to assembly?

That means it moved to QAS?.

So how will move to PRD?

Still have some doubt, I don't see any thing under

Development tab, how come changes are in DEV portal?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you release your activity from NWDS , it will come to consolidation tab and not ot development tab in CMS.

Under consolidation tab, u need to select your activities and move to assembly tab .once it is moved it will be in form of SC ( now you can test your changes in QA system).

U can see some tabs called test and production beside asssembly.

so once u move to production. you can see your changes in prod system.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

Yes i do see my DC chnages in Consolidation tab after activity released from NWDS.

I do see Under consolidation

Component       Label (in this column see all my activities)   Status( Waiting for import).

So, how do i move this to assembly, DEV and QA. prd.

Which button i have to click after selecting my Activities.

Like there are several buttons "Import check",  "Import".. "Export Sca", "Deployment" ans so.

Once click currect import will go aotomatically to Assembly?  then chnages will be in QAS?

So waht are the Development, Test and Production tables there?

Once it in assemply, how do we move to Test and PRD  or Dev?

thanks

Raj

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rag,

it works this way. I try to summarize the big picture.

Let's imagine that you create a new change (checkout), so an activity gets created in NWDS. You check-in and activate it. Then this goes to the dev/active workspace, and then you decide to move towards this change in the transport cycle, so you do release from NWDS (it is not possible to do it from the webuis, only from NWDS). Once the release is done, the change (the activity) is showing up on the Consolidation tab in CMS and has the status waiting for import. Now you have to import the change into consolidation. This is required, because at the next step, i.e. at assemble step the SCA file gets always created from the cons/active workspace, so if you don't import a change into cons, that can't be part of the generated SCA file (it won't be part of the assembly).

Then you will see there are couple of more tabs available in the CMS representing the transport cycle, like test , approval and prod. Approval is always visible, but test and prod will show up only if you specified runtime systems for these stages (in cms webui -- landscape configurator -- track data -- runtime systems, further referred as RTS). Let's assume you have these runtime systems, so after assembly, the SCA file (we cannot speak as of this point any more about activities, only about the generated product, i.e. the SCA file) is showing up on Test. If you import it on test, it gets deployed into the test system, again, pointed out by your RTS config. If it was succesful too (and as mentioned, as of assembly we can only talk about deployment when we import) then it will show up on Approval. It has a relevance if you have track connections, and also this is an additional step where the transport administrator can reject (or approve) the change. If it was approved then it is showing up on Production, where you have to press again Import in order to achive that your SCA file gets deployed to the production system pointed out by your RTS config.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Please have a look at my previous replies too!!!

By now your changes will be in DEV environment.

What you need to do now is,

In consolidation tab ,Choose import- check and see if it is successful ,if yes then choose import. Once you click import your activities will be consolidated as SC and it will be moved to assembly tab.

Then go to assembly tab, choose your SC ,again do import-check and if it is successful, click on import button. The SC will move under TEST tab.

Repeat the process till you move to PRODUCTION tab.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, Raj, it is a nice summary made by Swarnaprakash!

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Swarnaprakash,

Yes, its worked now did moved to QA. Thanks for the help in timely.

thanks

Raj

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is . Thank you evry one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gud to hear Raj.

Award points accordingly and please close the thread.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

fyi, I moved this to the NWDI forum as I believe this rather belongs here.

Regards,

Ervin (moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your basis guy has to configure "Runtime Systems" for your "track" in which you are doing development.

See point 4.3.3 here -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be3417810...

There might be minor changes according to the version of Java Stack you have.

Since you mentioned, you have an activity... i believe you have a track in place. just ask the basis guy to update the Runtime Systems.

All about NWDI (official SAP)-
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f6eb8e9e-0901-0010-8abb-cba5279db9b6

All about NWDI (by Ervin Szolke) -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25855E

I think these should be enough to get your problem resolved and hope that your problem is solved soon !