cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Reports by Line Item division instead of header divison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am using cross division at the header level to create a sales order but the line item division is different from the header division.

(for eg: I have 5 division 00, 10, 20, 30, 40 . i create a order with sales area 1000/10/00 and i enter the line items of division 10, 20 and 30.) 

My query is when i go to va05n to check all sales order i can check it at a combination of 1000/10/00 but i wanna check it for item division(10,20,30).

Same way i want to see my standard reports like (MCTA, MCTC, MCTE) by line item division and not my header division.

IS IT POSSIBLE ??? Please help me with a solution

Thanks

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but still i m not able to find the solutions i m working on it. if i get another solution then this. i will mention it here

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of standard reports are there like MCTA, MC+E which fetches based on Division.  Check these rather doing enhancements

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi wrote:

Couple of standard reports are there like MCTA, MC+E which fetches based on Division.  Check these rather doing enhancements

MCTA uses S001. If we go to MC26 and check the update rules for it, we can see that Division is updated from MCVBAK-SPART, which is the header field. OP wants to have this updated from VBAP-SPART instead.

Maybe I'm missing something but other than an update definition change (not feasible) or a user exit, I don't see a way to put VBAP-SPART into the standard info structures.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

You can add VBAP-SPART to MCVBAP using the enhancement MCS10001,function module EXIT_SAPLMCS1_002, although you know it, sure, but as an append where the field must be in the customer range name, ie: begin with ZZ* for avoiding troubles if SAP decides to add this field in the future, but you need create your own SIS and run it with tcode MCSI, and of course, update the SIS as Synchronous updating, as SAP Note 1600533 - Error analysis for incorrect data in information structures suggests.

Regards

Eduardo

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPART field is already in MCVBAP structure. But the updates rule for the standard info structures are set up to be updated from MCVBAK, not MCVBAP. Go to MC26, put S001 info structure and any update group and see where the key fields are coming from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

Thanks for quick response

I want to know is there a possibility to update standard reports like VA05n, VF05 at item level instead of header level without any ABAP help. Also can i update my LIS reports that is MCTA, MCTC, at item.

During My training i was been told that i can update the standard reports at item level but i m not sure is it possible or not. And till now i  don't know how to do it.

If it is possible then can any1 help me how to do it.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chirag,

You should not change VA05N & VA05 Reports.

But your ABAPer can easily copy the existing SAP Standard Reports (VA05N, etc) & do the required changed as required. This will definitely serve your purpose.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jignesh

Thanks for the reply i agree with you that i can take a help from ABAPer for this requirement but i want to know if Sap is giving an option of cross division as a standard thing then it must have also given a  flexibility to have standard reporting to be updated at item level for cross division case.

Regards

chirag Mehta   

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jignesh

Thanks for the reply i agree with you that i can take a help from ABAPer for this requirement but i want to know if Sap is giving an option of cross division as a standard thing then it must have also given a  flexibility to have standard reporting to be updated at item level for cross division case.

Regards

chirag Mehta   

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh Mehta wrote:

You should not change VA05N & VA05 Reports.

There are completely legitimate user exits available in VA05, as already mentioned above. We have successfully used them in two different implementations. Copying a standard report is the least effective solution with high long-term maintenance cost.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag Mehta wrote:

Also can i update my LIS reports that is MCTA, MCTC, at item.

I've already replied that it's not possible to change the update definition for the standard infostructures. Infostructures are feeding these reports, they're simply displaying what's in there. But after giving it some more thought - there are user exits available for the LIS update, maybe they could be used to change the field value during the update. Look it up, there is some documentation available on this. Some ABAP will be required.

You might also want to read more about the LIS basics - what the infostrucrures are, how are they updated, etc. There must be information available on SCN and other sites (also search by SIS keyword, which is subset of LIS).

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not feasible to change update definitions for standard info structures that are used in MC... reports. You can configure your own info structure - plenty of information available on SCN.

Regarding VA05 Eduardo already mentioned the note. Doesn't make much sense to touch VA05N since it has very few fields anyway. Might be easier to do a simple query (keep performance in mind though).

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I think it is not advisable to do any changes in VA05N, as it is standard T-Code. So it will be a better to create Z T-Code by copying VA05N and do the changes as per your requirement.

Regards,

Kundan

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Be careful with VA05N (see note 1700237 - Transaction VA05N). You can enhance VA05 with new fields, for this, see SAP Note 350068 - Additionl fields in VA05:Customer material number as example, so, add the line item division.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo