cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger .SCA File - Adding New Mappings

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement where I will need to add new EDI 867 and 846 Mappings (X2E) to the existing .SCA file.

I want to ensure that my new .SCA file should not overwrite the mappings in the existing .SCA file.

I don't have the old .Bicmd file, as this is developed by an other developer and he left with out providing to us.

Is there a way that I could extract the .bicmd file from the existing .sca file???

Please help me on this?!!!.

Thanks,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately, there is no way to extract the BICMD-FIle just from the compiled Java-File... but you can at least see, which mappings are part of that Mappings_User- File :

a)

By opening the file with a ZIP-Tool  (e.g. 7-ZIP) you can easily take a look inside the SCA-file...where there should be a SDA-FIle...

Inside the SDA File, you will see the ""Jar"-FIle.... and if you further open the JAR inside the 7ZIP, you can open the tree com / seeburger / jucon / mappings / .... and in this folder you wil lsee all the "class-files" from the mappings that are part of this project.

b)

As an alternative, you can also go to the Seeburger-Workbench on the PI-Server and go to "System Properties"....there is also an option to see all the mappings that are part of the mapping_user-file

(unless you have a very old adapter-version)

Which Version of the adapter are you using ?

(Cause in the newer versions you can have multiple Mapping_User-Files run in parallel....(named like MappingUSer00_sca...Mappings_User01.sca....etc... when you specify this suffix in the MAppingDesigner)

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I see all the mappings as you said in Option A and B.

But We have too many many mappings I will need to do them each manually.

Meanwhile, We are using Version 2.1.1

Just to understand, Even if I create a new .Sca file  with the name Mappings_User00.sca with my new mappings, it will not overwrite the existing Mappings_User00.sca. Is that Correct?

So the final new .sca file will have existing mappings + my new mappings right??.

Thanks,

Harsh

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

regarding the statement...

Har Chan wrote:

Just to understand, Even if I create a new .Sca file  with the name Mappings_User00.sca with my new mappings, it will not overwrite the existing Mappings_User00.sca. Is that Correct?

So the final new .sca file will have existing mappings + my new mappings right??.

...this is not correct. Your new Mapping should definitely have a different number than "00" otherwise it will overwrite it.

But it is not enough to just rename the SCA, but you need to assign this number for your mappings (for example "01") inside the MappingDesigner, to make sure it runs parallel to the existing file.

So finally you will have

Mappings_User00.sca  (with existing maps)

Mappings_User01.sca  (with your new mappings)

In the "System Status" inside the Seeburger Workbench you can then see all the deployed SCA-Files with all included mappings...

Kind Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. Thanks for the detailed information. I am able to create the .SCA file with a new user .

Meanwhile, I really need some help.

We are implementing the EDI 140 and 143ac documents.

Where could I get the ANSIX12's and XML's etc for these documents, because I dont see them in the Seeburger CD.

I would need the following files.

msg_ANSIX12_140_V4010.xml

msg_XML_140_V4010.xml

XML_140_V4010.xsd

msg_ANSIX12_143_V4010.xml

msg_XML_143_V4010.xml

XML_143_V4010.xsd

Could I find a place where I could get them by any chance, else if you have them could you provide me with these?

I would need these info as soon as possible as we don,t have much time

Really appreciate for your quick replies.

Thanks,

Chan

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the Seeburger CDs  there is usually a large library included with many structure, however it is not complete as there are just too many different messages and too many different versions (e.g. 3010, 4010....) existing.

However, this library-file that is delievred as part of the Adapter-CDs is constantly modified and new structures are added if customers use/need them.

I am sure that these structures can be made available to you...and will try to arrange for a download option.

Can you provide an email-address ?

Kind Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thank you very much for the info.

It would be really helpful if you could arrange me those files.

I would need the v4010 files for 140 and 143.

My Email is har.chan@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Chan

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will get in contact with you for the next steps...