Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connections disable in multi-source data foundation

former_member214617
Participant
0 Kudos

hi guys

i am getting very simple basic problem, no idea what is wrong happening.. created one ODBC and OLE DB sql server connection in IDT and after publishing trying to create multi-source data foundation layer but while selecting connection both connections are disabled and when hovering mouse then it is showing "this data -source is not supported in multisource enabled data foundation" and when trying to create single sources both connections are working fine.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it must be related to your OLE DB connection - OLAP sources can't be used in MSU workflows.

regards,

H

former_member214617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi henry

thanks for your reply.. but could you please help me what is wrong with OLE Db connection, i am not able to fine what is the issue... before when 4.0 installed everything was working fine... but now it is not allowing me to create multisource with OLE DB connection..

regards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. what was your previous version exactly?  and what are you using now ?

2. Can you confirm this OLE DB is an OLAP source? if yes, which vendor, product and version?   (MS AS right?)

Again, i state categorically, you cannot create multisource on OLAP database. This was never possible.

3. Of course, this is entirely possible to JDBC and ODBC multi source. Can you achieve this? 

4. Remember, you have to create your connections under the 'repository resources' (not from local folders) to invoke the MSU architecture on the BIP server . Are you doing this?

Regards,

H

Answers (0)