cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate 2 step process in SAP WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me understand what steps can be automated for an E2E 2 step process.

We have many TR's created on daily basis. lets say for kanaban. we have 3 shifts in the warehouse and  we want to group the TR's into  3 groups per day.

We to automate the process and print the pick list before the shift start.

2 step process

LT 41 - Can we auotmate it?

LT0E - Can we automate it?

TO(Removal)confirmation will be on RF

LT42 -Can we automate it?

LT44 - Can we confirm it?

TO(Allocation) confirmation will be on RF

1.step by step process to automate the process

2.Advice on if missing any step or any other process to achieve the same be would be great

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use BADI, user-exit or enhancement to do this. It needs to be done after the group is created.

Or, if that's complicated, you can create a program that will be run in background (every 1 min or whatever the repeat rate) and check all the groups for status. If they are not processed, process them (with BDC or FMs or anything you prefer).

LT42 can be done in the same way for 2nd step. Again, bkg job with BDC / FMs etc.

You can use the same program which will do both stuff, if 1st step not done, do LT0E, if 1st step done and 2nd not done - perform LT42.

This shouldn't be that hard to achieve, but you'll need a coder to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks one and all for sharing your knowledge on this topic. We are considering a custom development to achieve the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MS Reddy,

We are currently looking at a similar scenario at my client and considering custom development. Did your customization help resolve the issue? Which steps did you end up automating and did it work well?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

I see the last logged in date of OP(MS Readdy) is Jan 14,2014 so i suspect that you will get response from him. It would be better if you can post what is your exact  requirement in detail as a separate post

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

MS, there is not a configuration path to automate what you listed but as Matthias noted you may want to first look at waves as that might be a better starting point and there are better tools to get you started on the front end, on the back end we have regularly combined the second step TO and confirmation as part of a packing step but as this would be custom realize that you can probably automate any of these steps to suit your needs.

Phil

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

In my 2-step picking scenario, a number of replenishment pick requests will be in a forklift driver's queue. Because these are all for partial pallets (ie, boxes), it is more efficient for the driver to see the list of these TO's in his queue so he can grab the multiple SU's as one combined movement from the source to destination. Does SAP provide any provision for this? In the RF gun, the driver can only confirm the SU manually or system guided. Thus he is forced to perform the TO physical movement one box at a time, instead of being able to grab a bunch at once.

Thanks, Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vlad,

no, in "WM only" scenario, there is no way to "collect" many source SUs (to a forklift e.g. RF queue) at one time because if you confirm the 1st step of the TOs you already confirmed the pick of the qty out of the source SU and not just the take away of the SU itself to a outside picking station.

You can check TRM (Task & resource management) functions to do this but this is a big shot to introduce.

You may also write own RF transactions for WM to get some kind of "collection" processing but this is also not a simple task to handle all exceptions during picking (SU# is missing, qty in SU is missing,...)

Best regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MS ,

One of my clients did automate all steps after first step picking was done with custom developments in RF too , Function modules  for same are available.

As first step and group creation are simple steps we went for manual creation of first step TO's.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, there's no smart stuff to automate all that just by customizing.

If you review your business requirement from more distance  you like to do wave picking.

Grouping (outbound)workload together in group(s) per timeslot(e.g. per shift) is exactly what wave picking does

So please check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/560e39545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

You have TRs and not outbound deliveries. So all that wave stuff does not solve your issue, but ...

1) you can use wave picking ideas as input for your custom ABAP development for TRs

2) you can switch from TRs to outbound deliveries in WM-PP interface, the you can use waves

Hope this gives you a clue how to proceed.

Best regards,

Matthias

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking for the same answer. Let me know if you have found a solution.

I have a replenishment scenario where the TOs can easily be created in background. Looking for a way to do auto Group number assignment (LT41) and then auto TO creation (LT0E/LT42).

Vlad