Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice to fetch User details

former_member190027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed IDM 7.2 with the below components.

Identity center

VDS

UI

AS JAVA

Now we in the process of configuration at the place Setting up an SAP HCM System. Where as we dont have any such HCM system, our ECC system is the source for us.

But we saw the below steps in the configuration guide..:

The Virtual Directory Server is installed.

● The Identity Center is installed and configured.

● The SAP HCM system is installed and contains employee data.

● The user who exports the data from the SAP HCM system has the following PFCG roles assigned:

○ SAP_HR_LDAP_EXTRACTION (execution of data extraction)

○ SAP_HR_LDAP_PREPARE_EXTRACTION (needed for attribute mapping)

But the above two roles does not exist in our ECC system, hence can you please help to proceed further on this.

And also give a brief input about how to fetch the user data source to IDM , if there is no HCM system.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Pavithra.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If ECC is your source (so just standard SAP user accounts rather then employee records from HCM) you should just be able to use an ABAP Initial Load job as per any standard ABAP system.

You won't need VDS or the staging area - its just a standard ABAP repository.

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you have to implement a Badi as well.  Hopefully another HCM savvy person on the forum can help you here.

However if there is no HCM system then you need to load the identity data via a batch job of some sort.

The data will most likely come in one of three formats:

ASCII (character delimited)

LDAP (Active directory or another Enterprise Directory Service)

Database (IDM supports ODBC and JDBC compliant databases)

First you'll need to look at the elements of your source system and determine how they map to the IDM schema.  There's an appendix at the end of this document, https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26538, that should help you out.

After this you'll need to set up a job (yellow folders at the bottom of the IDM MMC tree) to read from this source and then into IDM.  Take a look at the IDM tutorials http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8397?rid=/webcontent/uuid/4000d09f-a9b9-2d10-8b90-ba3a0f9fe0c8 for help in doing this.

Please let me know if you have questions.  I've kept this high level since I don't know exactly what you plan to do.

Good luck!

Matt