SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total planning (MD01) for SAP Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

What are the prerequisites to run MRP total planning (MD01) in Retail environment?

We have defined the RP parameters in the article master (MM42) for the respective plant. We can run the Single item MRP (MD02, MD03) for every article and the results are very satisfying, but nothing happens when we run MD01. We checked the planning file entries - are there.

Can somebody propose something else, do we miss something?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if the enhancement M61X0001is active in your system. See the sample coding LXM61F01.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo,

but I rather expected that some customizing settings are missing. As said the system plans perfectly with MD02 or MD03. Plannig file entries have the NETCH and NEUPL indicators set. But it looks like the system ignores them and does nothing.

Other ideas, please?

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am encounter the same problem at the moment at SAP Retail.

MD01 ignores all material with planning file NETCH and NEUPL set. Meanwhile if the indicator is not set, it includes on MRP Run.

Do you have any solution yet for this?

Thanks,

Arman

0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are aware of what the reason for setting the field "NETCH".

if the indicator is not set, it would ignore the previous RP run that you had done and start a fresh run.

So, depending on your RP oupput and RP type, you can run it again and agin.

This is not the best practise.

Please identify your RP requirement and decide whether you should set it or not.

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am also facing the same problem. Please let me know how you resolved this issue. I am also working on Retail environment. Articles are not planned through MD01 but they are planned trough MD02..all settings are in place.

Thanks

Kumar