Complex file structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a file format

<HDR> with key 00

<items > key 01/02

<FOOTER> Key 99

In the communication channel i have three strutures dt_hdr,dt_content,dt_footer. Key values for each has been defined. when i mention key value = 01 for the content record. it reads the correct record and creates idoc in ECC.

Question 1 - However if the file has two content (2 record of 01) ,I can see both records read in the xml ,but mapping happens only for first record and the 2nd is ignored. Any settings that I am missing?

Question 2 - As my content can have 01,02 how do i define this in CC?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

ANs1: You need to map "items" to the line item in the IDOC structure and make sure that the occurrence of the Line item in the IDOC is not 1..1, it should also be unbounded.

Ans 2: If you have multiple key fields in the flat file, you will have to configure for all the key fields in the FCC.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Anand,

Issue 1 - I have changed the IDOC to 1 to unbounded and mapped dt_content to it . Still the second record is not  mapped.

Issue 2 - Can we define multiple key values to the same dt_content. I mean can we have 2 sets of info. for dt_content in CC. or do I need to create a copy dt_content1 and that will have the second key value?

But then the next question would be how about mapping of the second dt_content1 to same target idoc structure?

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Don't change the IDOC occurrences but check the occurrence of the line item field in the IDOC and map the dt_content to the line item field.

Yes we can do multiple config for different key fields. But sorry for now as its been quiet long I have not done any hands on with FCC. Will check and revert. But try with defining both the key fields for the single config in FCC.

Thanks

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

If my understating is right, you are using FCC. if so please check all the parameters are assigned(like end separator). if payload generated with expected records, then please check the validation assigned to the root segment and also check the context in mapping.

Regards,

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks prasanth. I have removed all validations for now justto get this working.

I had mapped the line item of idoc to dt_content.. but a few other mappings were causing an issue.not alteast I am able to create 2 idocs if both have same key of 01.

But my problem of having 2 key field value still remains. I have tried defining 2 keyfield value in FCC,but i am presently getting error an for it..