cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic xxx has no master date for "..."

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a report where we can add a filter on members.

But when we add a filter on Account Number (0ACCOUNT) or Profit Center (0PROFIT_CTR) and we save our report with these filters it is impossible to open the report again with the choosen filters.

We always get an error message:

Characteristic Profit Center has no master date for "CADCP901"

(com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.selection.SingleMember-NoMasterdata)

All selections for characteristic Profit Center are invalid and have been discarded (com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.selection.ComponentList-AllRejected)

I think this is caused by the fact that 0ACCOUNT and 0PROFIT_CTR but have a compounded attribute (0CHRT_ACCTS and 0CO_AREA).

Is this a known issue and how can we solve this?

We are on version 1.3 SP5 (version 1.3.5.2288)

Kind regards,

Lieselot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

In our situation the issue was solved by the upgrade of the BI java patch level from SP17 to SP19.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I too have the same issue and we are having SP23 in BI.

What could be the solution in this scenario.

Thanks

taniya

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Taniya,

Since this thread is closed, please open a new discussion and provide details of your situation.

Regards,

Tammy

rhen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lieselot,

Did you finally resolve this issue?

We encounter the same behaviour: master data of comp_code is not visible in the filter, but when we add the free characteristic into the report, values are displayed correctly.

If we filter hard via the query on a specific comp_code we receive the same error:

com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.selection.SingleMember-NoMasterdata

This strange behaviour only occurs in BO Analysis, the "old" Bex Analyzer is behaving correctly.

TIA

Kind Regards,

Rutger

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rutger,

In our case it was an issue with our portal environment.

The issue was also described in SAP note 1265421.

We have to upgrade our BI java patch level from SP17 to SP19.

Kind regards,

Lieselot    

rhen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately the note was not relevant for our case.

But in the mean time we found out the /BI0/PCOMP_CODE and /BI0/XCOMP_CODE tables were not consistent any more.

Transaction RSRV (Check Master Data for a Characteristic) did the job and fixed the error.

kr,

Rutger

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was wondering if you could try it again after you apply SP6, which just came out last week?  I couldn't locate the current fixes for SP6

Regards,

Tammy

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

The same issue occurs in SP6

Kind regards,

Lieselot

former_member206621
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tammy,

Is there a way to fix this issue?  Or how can we let SAP know that this is an issue?

Kind regards,

Lieselot

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it works in BEx Analyzer but not Analysis Office, I would submit a SAP Support ticket.

Another idea is to submit via Idea Place:

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/s.bix?c={74624057-8A9E-4511-844E-2399DFBF5EE8}

I don't work for SAP, I am a customer and these are just a few suggestions.  We're not using PCA where I could try this for myself.

Regards,

Tammy