cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Inventory Postings for Inspection Lot completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have customized two new inventory postings with corresponding mvmt types for inspection lot completion as per client's requirement as follows:

VMENGE08  other qty posting      350  344 (for excess qty recd)

VMENGE09  other qty posting 2   350  344 (for shortage qty recd)

The mentioned customization has been working fine.

Now customer wants to configure VMENGE08 & VMENGE09 field to the mvmt type 102. We've changed the mvmt type to 102 in Inventory postings for VMENGE08 & VMENGE09 field.

Now after QC is done, QA goes to QA32 transaction to record his decision. whenever shortage qty is recd, QA goes to QA32 transaction and enters shortage qyt in VMENGE09 field and tries to save the decision. But system is giving the below mentioned error:

Special Stock E not supported (check your entry)

Message no. M7146

Diagnosis

The specified objekt (Special Stock E) is not supported.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

Getting the same error message when excess qty is posted in VMENGE08 field. I am unable to figure out why the error message is coming after having changed the mvmt type. And why the error message did not come earlier when the 350 mvmt type was used.

Please help me with solution as it is very important as client is unable to record his decision in QA32 for excess qty and shortage qty recd in VMENGE08 & VMENGE09 fields

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the 122 for your shortage.  But I would just change the text name on VMENGE07 to shortage qty.

For excess, just use a 321 to unrestricted.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The movement type 102 is not allowed in transaction QA32.

The movement type 122 has been defined already as 'Return to vendor' in standard SAP.

There is no standard process in QM for your requirement. (excess and shortage qty. management)

Please check 'subsequent delivery' functionality at transaction MIGO.

You can perform GR again for over delivery for same purchase order even though it is already completed.

I recommend you contact MM team.

Why does the quality department manage the over-/under-delivery? Stupid requirement.. Sorry.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also if 122 mvmt type is used will it reduce from actual qty or stock or it is just to create a document for vendor returns.

Can 122 mvmt type be used for excess and shortage qty recd also in QA32 transaction.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

During qlty inspection, QA finds some defective material among the given lot and rejects them. Rest he moves to unrestricted stock.

As per my client business requirement if there is any rejected, excess or shortage quantity, he will returning the same to vendor using mvmt 122.

My doubt is can we enter the rejected quantity in "To Returns" field in QA32 transaction as the field linked to mvmt type 122 in Inventory Postings.

Is this solution a correct one. Will this solve my client's problem. Please reply

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am unable to correlate  quantity that is to be returned back to vendor with shortage quantity. I guess both of these should be separate terms. How you are co relating them?

Of course you can use the field return delivery in QA32 for sending the stock back to vendor, rather it is meant for that only. It executes 122 movement in background. The effect is as follows,

Initial stock in MMBE = 0

GR quantity = 100 Nos (this is 101 movement Qty)

Stock in MMBE = 100

OK quantity = 80 (Post to unrestricted)

Not OK = 20 (Post to return delivery if needs to be sent to vendor)

As a result of this, only 80 will remain in your stock levels. 20 reduces from system with proper accounting document generation.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

You should you use correct actual quantity functionality against inspection lot, in case you want to rectify the quantity against GR. Select the appropriate inspection lot in QA32 and click on change inspection lot, click on correct actual quantity, put the appropriate quantity there and save. This executes 102 movement in background.

I agree with Sujit, that 102 can not be carried out through QM,as it has certain FI/CO impacts with accounting documents. I would rather suggest to route this through MM.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not change the std config as 102 is not QM mvt,its IM mvt is not allowed from QA11 first of all.You can not do 102 from QM for sure.

Second thing its depends upon the scenario like whether its PO,prod order or sales order.Again whether ist consumption ,whether account assigemnt done or is there any Value updating & qty updating with reference to this mvt etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any updates on the above mentioned issue.

thanx

Srinivasa