Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get communication channel source directory programmatically

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some of our users download files from third party applications and import into SAP using a PI file to BAPI interface.

I'd like to automate the configuration of the manual file upload, and am looking at which tables I can use to get information about available communication channels.

I would like to get the source directory for a sender file communication channel, and it's status (active/inactive). I can see the communication channels in SSRVCHANNEL but don't know which other tables I can use to get more details on them.

I have seen a SCN post which recommends looking at the PI Java stack database, but I have also been told that PI has one database shared by the Java and ABAP stacks.

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, no use to browse tables, you have access to all configuration objects with the Integration Directory Programming Interface (SAP Library - Integration Directory). Please also refer to one of William Li's blogs about the . He has several blogs about the API, so also do a search in his content.

Regards, Martin

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

Thanks for your reply. The Directory API looks very useful.

Kind regards

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to start from scratch, you can try some tools available already.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sunil.

I had seen those pages but hadn't wanted to use Excel (for the moment at least). Now I see that there are links to the Directory API that I could have followed.

Instead, I would like to create Java clients for the Directory API web services. JAX-WS wouldn't work with the WSDL's on the first attempt but I'll have another go later.

Kind regards

Steve