SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal and SAP Grants Management-GTE

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a query regarding EP and its integration with Grants Management. At our client there is a user license issues for the number of PI for Sponsored projects. Client can not purchase SAP GUI user license for every PI which are in hundreds. We have EP in project scope for ESS and MSS. We can issue MSS login to PIs based on its cost effective provided that EP can be integrated with SAP GM-GTE for Grant Master creation process. We have developed workflow for Grant Master approval in SAP GUI ECC. 6 EHP5 and i want to know if the same functionality is available in EP to integrate .

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Please note that licensing questions should be addressed to your SAP Account Executive.

Having said that GM workflow is what we now call an ABAP workflow. You can integrate ABAP workflow to the EP-Based Universal Worklist (UWL) inbox such that work items from the ABAP workflow can be forwarded to the UWL. The question still remains, what happens when the PI clicks on a work item. In order to approve the work item they need to be able to display it. In the standard system this would only be possible through GMGRANTD. So the PI will need access to this transaction through the portal (possibly through WebGUI). Then I am not sure if the license will allow such access but as I said the SAP AE is the person to answer this.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Please note that licensing questions should be addressed to your SAP Account Executive.

Having said that GM workflow is what we now call an ABAP workflow. You can integrate ABAP workflow to the EP-Based Universal Worklist (UWL) inbox such that work items from the ABAP workflow can be forwarded to the UWL. The question still remains, what happens when the PI clicks on a work item. In order to approve the work item they need to be able to display it. In the standard system this would only be possible through GMGRANTD. So the PI will need access to this transaction through the portal (possibly through WebGUI). Then I am not sure if the license will allow such access but as I said the SAP AE is the person to answer this.

Thanks

Shyam