Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP HWC: "Attachment type is not supported" error in Samsung android device

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on SUP HWC application.

Here I need to show the attachment associate's with HR request in bankend CRM.

I am using "Online cache group" and I mapped the object query "findByparamer" to "Attachment Viewer".

Please find attached image.jpg for details.

Application working end to end fine ( iphone iOS 6 and  HTC android phone).

I am able see the attachment in device.

I am getting "Attachment type is not supported" error in Samsung android.

Analysis:

Created a HR request  from device and added all document types in backend (supported by android as per Sybase documentation *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.bmp, *.txt, *.html).

Checked in device HTC and Samsung all are opening except .txt. In both devices.

Difference is only attachments uploaded from Samsung  device is not opening in Samsung .

I tried taking pictures from Samsung android device and manually  added in back-end. Those images if I try to open from device I am getting same attachment type is not supported error.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Lakshman Balanagu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your reply.

But issue is resolved.

Problem with Samsung android device is not able identify the file extension in capital letters (ex. JPG, HTML, PNG ..etc)

Actually while posting file to back-end. In back-end bapi we are renaming file to HRRequest_DateTime.<extension in capital letters> (ex: .PNG,.JPG. .HTML ...etc). While open the attachment from device it is giving "Attachment type is not supported".

Now In backed BAPI code, we make the extension in small letters(ex.  jpg,html, png) after that we are able to open the attachment from Samsung android device successfully.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here are some things to consider.

Are you able to view the exact same attachment on the other devices? 

If so, what is the attachment type that you are trying to view?  Is it possible that the application which would display the attachment is not installed on your device that cannot view the attachment?

Is the problem that binary content that is generated from the one device is not viewable in the attachment viewer of any device? 

One possible reason might be if the device is taking a higher resolution image than the other devices.  The following sample demonstrates how to specify the resolution of the image taken by the camera.

PhoneGap and Hybrid Web Container Customization Sample for 2.1 ESD #3  https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-149428

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lakshman,

I havet used the attachment api of sybase sdk but i can suggest you to use phonegap api instead.

Here is an example of Daniel:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-149428

Hope it helps

Regard

Tahir