cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA and SAP ABAP performance problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have connected my Production System with SAP HANA via SLT.

when we connected production system with HANA initially DD02L, DD02T & DD08L tables got loaded into HANA with out any problem.

and everything was fine.

but after couple of hours my production system got slow. too much of lock entries in SM12, lot of updates in SM13 and db locks in db01.

then we thought of disconnecting the Production system with HANA.

hence we disconnected the connection in SLT.

then immediately all the locks were released in sm12 and db01, and all the updates were processed.

so i am not able to understand is that is problem occurred because of connecting with HANA using SLT.

as we are unable to trace the issue.

is there anything that we need to take into consideration while connecting Production System with HANA using SLT.

Kindly suggest.

regards

varun haleangadi

sap basis administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All/Srinivas,

whenerver we connect our HANA with Production System.

many a times people do not maintain class and directly connect the system with HANA via SLT.

always make sure that u create a new tablespace and create a data class

steps to create a data class

create an entry in following tables

DARTT

DDART

IAORA

TAORA

TSORA

you can find this in sap note 46272.

the reason why you create a new tablespace is that whatever logging tables gets created must be in a different tablespace so that we can easily trace the things out.

and your main tablespace psapsr3 will not be affected.

and you can keep the track of load.

in any of case like you have loaded the table in hana via slt and some how the connection between hana has been disconnected. then the logging tables will be increasing.

and affecting the source system. so if you remove a connection remove all the triggers and logging tables  from source system.

i am currently a working on hana. a new horse.

incase if any one likes the details i have provided is interesting then its great.

all the details i have mentioned you will find in any official documents but some times we tend to miss and keep searching for solution.

if this is helpful then great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Brother ,

the issue has been resolved.

regards

varun

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Appreciate if you can stop the steps implemented to resolve the issue.

This may helps others in future.

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Varun,

Where is the SLT server running? On a remote Netweaver instance or on ECC itself?

In either case have you perform the SLT sizing to meet the requirements like minimum 10 back ground jobs.

Minimum SLT system requirements:

SAP Basis: Netweaver 702 with Kernel 7.20 EXT

Filesystem: 100 GB

RAM: 16-32 GB

CPU: 2-4 cores

Recommended number of background jobs: 10

Please throw more light on your SLT setup. As far as SLT is concerned, there wont be any updates made to the existing dat. It just reads the delta after initial load (even in initial load only read) and transfers it to target SAP Hana server/schema.

Main bottleneck would be the number of back ground jobs configured on your server.

Hope it helps to analyze more.

-Srinivas K.