cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source DIR Path for accessing file on ECC Server using PI 7.3 File Sender Adapter

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to access the file using file sender CC.

The location of the file is at the AL11, SAP DIR (DIR_HOME E:\usr\sap\EC6\DVEBMGS40\work)  on ECC server but not in PI Server.

The ECC server host is EC6SREE.

The DIR name is E:\usr\sap\EC6\DVEBMGS40

The file name SreeTest.txt.

Could you please let me know the syntax of the source directory path to be used in PI File Adapter sender side.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can ask your BASIS to mount the ECC file system into XI so that it will be visible in AL11.

Regards,

Mark

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to read the file only from ECC Application Server.

It is possible in Webmethods then i feel it also possible in PI.

Any idea please.

Regards,

Sreeni.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess I answered your query ....

if you say the file is placed on ECC application server... that means the file can be accessed using t-code AL11.

You can seek help of BASIS team to confirm whether that folder/directory is mounted between PI and ECC. (You can login to PI GUI and go to AL11 and see if you have access to the same folder from PI or not.)

If the folder is mounted...configure you Sender File channel with NFS protocol and mention the path of the directory in the source directory.

Thanks

Anand

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Please find the below screenshot of Sender File Adapter.

Now when you will go to ECC <AL11> Transaction, you will see '/sapmnt', double click and under that 'DQ1', you need to continue until you reach your specific one.

former_member233212
Participant
0 Kudos

Any idea how does this mounting done?

I am able to see the path in ECC AL11 t code. I've to pick the file from this path. I've done the configuration at PI level but when I do ping channel and test this I get an error "the directory path doesn't exist".

I think the mounting has to be done so that I can access file from ECC application layer. If somebody help me with steps would be helpful.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

In most of the scenarios, all the SAP systems share the same File Unix system. Please try with normal NFS and Folder path. If Basis confirms that this is not the case, then you have to go for FTP.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Can you please send me exact syntax path based the  above directories.

I am not fimiliar with UNIX.

Regards,

Sreeni

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kancham,

Login to ECC server.... Go to t-code AL11.... look for the directory from where you want to pick the file. Just copy the directory and paste in the Sender File channel. Make sure to use NFS transport protocol.

Thanks

Anand