cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order Printing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts - I have an issue with printing the work order from the print preview screen. The status of the work order is released. I am going to IW32 & when i print the order from the print preview screen, the status of the work order is not updated to Printed. When i print from the print icon directly, the order is automatically getting saved & the status is updated to Printed w/o any issue.

Is there any configuration setting to automatically save the order after it is printed from the print preview screen? or is there any setting to disable the print icon from the print preview screen?

Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

No. There is no configuration setting for saving the order after printing from the Print Preview. It is just a loophole and you are bypassing the SAP system and printing the order like your local document.

When you print from Preview, you are actually printing the PDF document (and NOT the Order) which in turn calls your local Windows printer (pop-up) which is setup for that Computer and then you can print just as your any other local document on that computer.

You might have noticed that the Order Shop papers does not get printed on your Output Device printer which is setup for Work Order printing in SAP (but is printed to your local Windows printer which is setup for the computer. You might not notice the difference if your Local Windows printer and SAP Work order output device are the same.)

Best you can do is ask your Users to just Preview the order under "Print Preview" and if they want to print it, they should use the "Print/Fax" button.

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

Wankash.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you specify how you are taking the print from the print preview

regards

thyagarajan