Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales return (RMA) always posts using MAP -- need to use a different price

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Our basic scenario is this:

1. Customer purchases material from us, which is requisitioned by us and the price marked-up for sale.
  2. Customer later returns the material.
  3. Create RMA sales order.
  4. We don't want to use the moving average price of this material -- we want to return the material to inventory with the cost of original requisition.

I have attempted to use BADI LE_SHP_GOODSMOVEMENT to affect the price getting posted to the material document and subsequent accounting documents for a RMA sales order, but nothing seems to prevent SAP from using the moving average price (MAP) every time.

We have been able to change the price in the sales order (RMA) by using the pricing routine (RV64A999).  But the material document is not affected.  We need to return the material at the price it was purchased, not the MAP.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

THANKS!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A return is not much more than a goods issue reversal.

A goods issue is removed from inventory with moving average price (if MAP controlled)

It is not removed with a price coming from a sales order, hence the assumption that you can add the return with a price determined from a return sales order  cannot be correct.

if you want enter a goods issue (goods issue reversal) with a different price, then you have to get a value into the field Ext. GA amount in LC of your movement type.This field can be opened by customizing. But I do not know how you get a value into that field in an automatic movement created from a delivery.

You may create other issues with this practice (with your idea in general).

if you have 2 receipts, 10 for 8 $ and 10 for 10$, then you have 20 with  a MAP of 9$

a goods issue for 10 removes the material at 9 $, leaving the other 10 with an MAP of 9$ in inventory.

if you now post the return with either 8 or 10 $ (because of its original price) then you affect the MAP again.... which is as wrong as the MAP of the stock.

if you return at original price, then you should as well re-valuate the inventory after you have done a normal goods issue. I hope you understand what I mean.

The best option would be to use split valuation with batch as valuation level. Because an individual batch would not change its price.

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed response!

Answers (0)