cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaulting Customs Offices in 'Geography' tab of Customs Declaration doc.

0 Kudos

Hello GTS Experts,

We've an automated GTS system configured to create Customs Decl.Docs, based on the Proforma Invoice creation in R/3. This process is working fine both US and Customers for other countries as well. I was wondering, whether anyone can suggest any solution to default Customs  Office in the 'Geography' tab.

These customs offices already exists as Business partners in GTS. Is there any BADI or any other Config.settings that can trigger this?  Current  practice is manually entering Customs Office by going to Geography tab after the creation of Custom.Decl.Doc. The objective here is to automate this process.

The selection of Customs offices can be done either BADI or Config.

Any inputs/Suggestions/Solutions are sincerely appreciated...

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopakumar,

You can try and make use of Default data setup to populate customs offices in the Customs declaration.

You need configuration setup for the same.

SAP Customs Management --> General Settings->Procedures for Defaulting Data -> Define Default Data for Document Fields, Messages, and Documents.

Once the configuration is done. You can then setup default data. It's kind of master data setup. Once you setup this. You can have the customs offices populated in the Custom dec.

You will not need any custom technical development for same. You can achieve this via Default data setup.

Kindly check the criteria with business on what basis they need a custom office to be populated. Is it specific to a legal regulation or departure country or destination country etc.

Please do let me know if you need some outline to setup the same.

Let us know if it works..

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Thanks much for your quick response. The criteria to assign custom office automaticallty in the Geography tab is 'Country of Departure'.

You're suggestion is on the right place.

SAP Customs Management --> General Settings->Procedures for Defaulting Data ->Define Default Data for Document Fields, Messages, and Documents.

However, we've already done the defaults for other fields except this one. I've tried once by assigning

P_CUSAZSOffice of Departure
P_CUSBZSOffice of Destination

these fields in the Config. It didn't serve the purpose...There might be one other config. to do to make this happen.  The screen shot below will show before and after the manual assignment of Customs offices in Geography tab. There should be a mechanism somewhere in the config. must have the capability to select or suggest these Customs offices, to automate this process.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks again,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Did you assign Customs office as well to the default data determination config. If yes, then also maintain the office to be determined under following

This is just like the output type/condition record configurations we do in SD/MM. Please make sure Custom office is defined in the default data procedure.

Tcode- /sapsll/menu_legal

SAP Customs management-> Master data-> Default data for document

Give the legal regulation- Defaulting procedure and then provide the details and the custom office.

Once this master data setup is done. System should populate the customs office

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If needed, you can check the below link for screenshots of details . It also shows the master data which needs to be maintained. Page#62

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30c7015e-c191-2d10-71b9-95907dc8e...

0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Thanks again for your feedback...Most of the config. were already there and the remaining has been done as per the recommended Config.documentation and your input. However the defaulting hasn't happened in the Customs Decl.Doc. yet. Following config. done both on SPRO & Area Menu.

1> SPRO=> SAP GTS => SAP Cus.Manag.=> General Settings 

=>Proc.for def.data => Define   default data for Doc.fields,Mesgs and Docs.

Def.General procedure =>  Field Combinations =>

Created two new fields for

FC_0001Customs Office of DepartureP_CUSAZS
FC_0002Customs Office of Exit/DestinationP_CUSBZS

Note: Not sure FC_0001 & FC_0002 are the right fields.

2> Default Rules => Added these two fields P_CUSANM & P_CUSAZS.

3> For both P_CUSANM & P_CUSAZS created Accesses(FC_0001 & FC_0002 resp.)

Area Menu(/sapsll/menu_legal)

1> SAP Cus.Manag. => Master data => Default Data => Define Rules for Default Document Data => For Procedure for Defaulting Data & Legal Regulation => Added new Custom offices for both Office of Departure(P_CUSAZS) and Office of Destination.(P_CUSBZS).

We would think that these Custom office should've been defaulted in the Geography tab during the creation of Customs Decl.Doc. But didn't happen.

Also looked at the  Default data log in the Customs Decl.Doc(Edit => Default Data Log). 

BTW: What's the significance of Field Combinations?

Please let me know your thoughts....

Thanks,

GK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopakumar,

Field combinations are the fields/values which is used as the basis for determination of default data.

In your case, i can see you have added Office of Destination and Office of Departure as the field combination. But actually, these are the target fields in your scenario i.e, you will need this to be defaulted.

Instead what you can do is. Decide on what basis you would need the Customs office of Departure/Exit to be determined and then add those fields in the field combination.

For example: I wanted Office of Exit and Office of Departure to be defaulted based on Destination and Departure country respectively.

So, following would be the steps i will be using.

1) I would check if there is standard field combination provided by SAP for Country of Departure and Destination. If yes, i will use the same. So, will not create new fields here.

If not, create 2 field combination for ex: FC_0001-> Country of Departure and assign data field H_CTYDP

FC_0002-> Country of Destination and assign data field H_CTYAR

2) Select the default procedure used. Get in default rules section. Here, i will provide

P_CUSAZS-> Office of Departure as target field. Give the seq. #, Then under Accesses, will assign the field combination which i need to be the base for determination of Office of departure.

In this example. Since i am using Country of departure to determine Office of departure. I will assign FC_0001 which i created above in step 1.

Same process is repeated for P_CUSOZS-> Office of Exit as target field. I will use Country of Destination to determine office of Exit.

So will assign FC_0002 under this target field.

Once the above setup is done.

Will get in SAP Customs Management-> Master data-> Define Rules for Default document data

1) Provide Legal regulation and Default procedure

2) Select the Target Field Office of Departure. Under this field you will find Field combination FC_0001 used for country of departure.

Provide the country of departure- For ex. LU , Office of departure  you would like to default for this departure country XXXXXX

Similarly for Office of Exit.

Once this is done. You should be able to default Customs offices in the Document.

Please do let me know if it works. If not, will be happy to help.

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Your suggestions/recommendation did indeed help to resolve this issue. The key here was the invalid field assignments in config. for step 1 & 2 of your above recommendation. By assigning H_CTYDP & H_CTYAR fields did the trick..Other config. were done correctly.

I've to tell you that your help and knowledge given must be very much commendable and I cannot thank you enough either. I really appreciate your willingness to respond my queries within a very short turn around time with very accurate and possible solutions...Really nice of you...!!!

Many Thanks,

GK

Answers (0)