cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM DEMAND PRIORITIZATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Hope everybody is doing well. The requirement i have is there are two DC's n one Plant. Any DC which has Sales orders should be 1st statisfied against the forecast.

Modelling done to fulfill the above requirement:

1. In the special sorting : ATP categories maintained in an order of DELIVERY->SALESORDERS-> FORECAST.

2. TEST DATA maintained -> Sales orders on DC1 & Forecast on DC2

Result: In the demand tab after the stimulation -> I see the Sales orders are on top of the list

** I assume this is proves that the Sales orders on either of the DC locations is given the priority & fulfilled 1st.

My question is is there anything else I am suppose to do to check if my requirement is satisfied. For instance after the CTM Run, M I suppose to check any order date or Time???

Regards

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

** I assume this is proves that the Sales orders on either of the DC locations is given the priority & fulfilled 1st.

If you want to prioritize sales order from DC you should use location priority field in Location, and assign DCs higher priority then Plants.

After assigning priority to your locations, you should assign Location priority as a first check before special sorting.

Check if you get desired result.

To check the results you should put sales orders on both DCs as well as plant on the same date and see which is being made first by CTM.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh

I dont think the location Priority helps as we might expect the Sales orders & forecast on either DC's, cant bind a DC against an order type. The settings i maintained is giving me the result. I just wanted to make sure if the Simulation in the demand Tab considers the Sales orders 1st, then that would be the order in which the Demand gets satisfied.

Regards

Rachel

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

I just wanted to make sure if the Simulation in the demand Tab considers the Sales orders 1st, then that would be the order in which the Demand gets satisfied.

Not very sure if you want to say that, if sales orders are getting considers first, then planned order created by system should satisfy the demand.

If that is what you want to say then, you can do two things here,

1) activate fixed pegging - help you get to know which reciept element satisfying which demand element.

2) Use "Lot for lot" lot sizing method, so that planned orders created by CTM are equal to sales order demand.

Please let me know, if you meant something else here.

Rgds

sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure...lemme try...Thanks! ll keep u posted