cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of EWS (Road Distance Matrix) to determine distances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our customer do not have a GIS System but uses the Road Distance Matrix from DDS.

1. Is there an standard integration between this matrix and SAP TM 9.0?
  2. Can TM determine the distance between locations within a zone (and intrazone lane) by using this matrix?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no standard integration. I am not familiar with this matrix. In which format does it provide the distances? On coordinate level? Then you could store this matrix directly in the standard SAP TM distance buffer. Or you could implement a process controller strategy for the distance determination picking up the result from this matrix. You can check this community for my Monday Knowledge Snippets, I think there is one discussing the process controller and also one mentioning the way we do distance integration.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

thanks for the provided information. Using a process controller strategy was also our idea. We will try that one. The format of the Matrix is ASCII.

By the way your Monday Knowledge Snippets are very interesting and helpful. Keep it up!

Many thanks,

Michael

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question was a bit unclear regarding the format: Which information is contained in this ASCI matrix? Location to Location distance? Coordinate to Coordinate distance? Or something else? Postal Code to Postal code?

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

the matrix structure is location to location.

Michael

Answers (0)