cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Throws Exceptions Importing WSDL - SoapUI Imports Fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am writing a Perl web service that is to be called from a customer's SAP PI system. I have all the code written, but since my environment is Perl & VIM, I have had to create a wsdl mostly by hand. I use Soap UI to test everything, and it works great using SoapUI -- however when the client attempts to import my wsdl into PI, it throws exceptions. Can someone please provide some insight?

Files in attached zip:

1. SoapUI interface update log

2. a copy of my WSDL with the URLs and some file names changed

3. Client's exception in log that was sent to me

***I tried to upload them as .log and .wsdl, but had to change them to .txt files. The xml file is the wsdl.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The problem is that you have the same binding tag repeated with different portypes.

I've changed the bindings and the problem import is solved.

Check the file that i post and rename it to wsdl. I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, Iñaki.

Unfortunately since I am not on the SAP PI side, I will have to wait until the developer I am working with (in Turkey) is able to try it tomorrow.

However, one thing: when I updated the interface in SoapUI, each binding (with the exception of the first binding that has no number appended) is now missing an endpoint.

I then re-update the interface <F5> in SoapUI, and it "auto updates" the endpoints to point to the same URL-which is desired. However, I'm concerned this will cause problems while attempting to load the WSDL is  in PI.

Any thoughts?

Once last thing: IS there a standalone parser/command line tool/web tool that will emulate the SAP PI XML Parser? I like to validate my wsdl/future integrations work with a lot of unit testing, *then* provide it to the client in optimal, working order.

Thanks again! This is very, very helpful!