cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM - SAP NetWeaver 7.3 Update Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there gurus,

I am facing an error I haven't been able to solve or work around. I am using the Software Update Manager to apply Java patches to a SAP NetWeaver 7.3 AS Java stack system from SP 00 to 07.

I'm stcuk at phase 5.6 Execution with the following message:

"An error has ocurred during the execution of the Undeploy post-undeployment componentes step.

Undeployment finished with error. See log E:\usr\sap\EPD\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\deploy_api.0.log for details."

===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start =====

------------------------

Type | Status  : Count

------------------------

> SCA(s)

- [Success] : [2]

> SDA(s)

- [Success] : [18]

------------------------

------------------------

Type | Status  : Id

------------------------

> SCA(s)

- [Success] : name: 'BI-BASE-B', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'BI-BASE-E', vendor: 'sap.com',

> SDA(s)

- [Success] : name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.base.formatter', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.rfc.jco3', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.km.base', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.rfc.jco640', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.metadata', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.base', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.base.application', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.base.xml', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.service.generic', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'sc~bi-base-b', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.export.model', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.export.office', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.webdynpro.alv.pdf.ws', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.export.lib', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.export.printformats', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'sc~bi-base-e', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.webdynpro.alv.pdf', vendor: 'sap.com', name: 'com.sap.ip.bi.export.xfa', vendor: 'sap.com',

------------------------

===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====

]

Feb 8, 2013 10:58:19 AM  Info: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001181 error action [PrerequisitesCheckAction] is [OnErrorSkipDepending]

Feb 8, 2013 10:58:19 AM  Info: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001181 error action [UndeploymentAction] is [OnErrorSkipDepending]

Feb 8, 2013 10:58:19 AM  Info: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001196 +++ Undeployment finished with status [Error] +++ [[#73: 0.63 sec]] [

===== Summary - Undeploy Result - Start =====

------------------------

Type | Status  : Count

------------------------

> SCA(s)

> SDA(s)

- [Skipped] : [1]

------------------------

------------------------

Type | Status  : Id

------------------------

> SCA(s)

> SDA(s)

- [Skipped] : sap.com_com.sap.ip.bi.ranges,

------------------------

===== Summary - Undeploy Result - End =====

And the content from POST-UNDEPLOY-COMPONENTS-10.LOG

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:04 AM [Info  ]: Connecting to Deploy Controller on host VMFPSBW-DEV port 51004 with user Administrator.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Info  ]: Connection to AS Java on host VMFPSBW-DEV, port 51004 is valid.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Info  ]: You can find additional information in Deploy Controller log file E:\usr\sap\EPD\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\deploy_api.0.log.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Info  ]: About to undeploy component sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.ranges

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Error ]: Undeployment finished with error. See log E:\usr\sap\EPD\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\deploy_api.0.log for details.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Error ]: Undeployment of component sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.ranges is rejected because undeployment of other component it depends on is rejected.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerUndeploymentException: Undeployment finished with error. See log E:\usr\sap\EPD\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\deploy_api.0.log for details.

Please advice in what is a possible work around so I can continue with the update.

Thank you in advance.    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how did you fix this issue.

We are facing same issue during upgrade form 7.2 to 7.31

Regards

Narendra Eskala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Narendra, how are you doing?

About our problem here we needed to open a message at SAP Marketplace and after trying a lot of frustrated activities, we decided to remove the applications who are leading to this error manually through:

Checking into SUM log file deploy_api.0.log we have this message:

[Skipped], description: [The item is skipped as there are items which depend on it. The items which depend on are: (

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~co~ui~xi~msgedt~wd', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~jobsch', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~cdp~hostagent', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~ui~sys~overview~tech~wd', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~ui~avail~panel', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~cdp~api', vendor: 'sap.com' ;

name: 'tc~lm~itsam~cdp~centralagent', vendor: 'sap.com')]

So, we logged in into operating system and removed these dependencies:

Login: ecradm

telnet localhost 50008

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~co~ui~xi~msgedt~wd vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~jobsch vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~cdp~hostagent vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~ui~sys~overview~tech~wd vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~ui~avail~panel vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~cdp~api vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

undeploy name=tc~lm~itsam~cdp~centralagent vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending"

After the undeployment of these applications, we have restarted SUM and everything finished all right.

I hope I could help you.

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your reply.

My issue is resolved.

In my case we had issue in stack file, We have regenerated the stack file and restarted the upgrade by restoring the system.

Regards

Narendra Eskala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

we are facing same error - Can you share the solution applied ?

Thanks in advance -

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio, how are you doing?

Could you solve the error above? We are facing the same error here during an Upgrade from SAP NW CE 7.1 to EHP1 for SAP NW 7.3 here, at my company, and I'd like some thoughts about it and the possible solutions.

Thank you.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Are you from Brazil? Can you resolve your problem with phase Install Jaca Engine?

Regards,

Eder.

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Julio,

Here is the reason.

Feb 11, 2013 7:21:05 AM [Error ]: Undeployment of component sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.ranges is rejected because undeployment of other component it depends on is rejected.

The Components you are trying to update has dependency on another components. Not sure why it has not been reported in CHECKS road map or you might missed something from the CHECKS result. Look for OSS notes on the component update.

In normal scenarios, when trying to deploy a java component using JSPM, the JSPM shows the dependency. Similar is the case with NWDS when trying to un-deploy a component.

If you haven't entered downtime, see if you can reset the update process and start again.

Hope it helps.

Srinivas K.