cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am about to take a course on GRC 10 and what I wanted to know was...........how do you upgrade from 5.3 to GRC 10 and what documentation is out there that will help me in understanding the process from beginning to end

Thanks

Regards

Mark W

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There isn't really an upgrade from 5.3 to 10.0 since the platforms are completely different - 5.3 runs on a Java stack and 10.0 on an ABAP stack. Instead you do a migration - install a clean 10.0 system and migrate your content (well, most of it) from the 5.3 system via export/import. You need to be on a minimum patch level on the 5.3 system to get all the export tools, and not all content migrates.

You'll find details of the process in the "Migration Guide" for GRC 10.0. Look for that in the service marketplace.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thank you so much for the information, I was not sure if you could upgrade or if it was a complete new install but now I do. I do have the "Migration Guide" already, but thank you anyway.

Are you working on GRC 10 yourself? I am hoping the GRC 10 course will give me a "leg up" into a new role

Thanks Steve

Regards

Mark

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We've been running 5.x for a few years now - first 5.1 and now 5.3. We'll upgrade to 10.0 sometime this year. Hopefully before the summer.

We're in steady state running now, having reached zero violations () a little while ago.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Could you provide me with sap notes

Thanks

Regards

Mark W

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Passing information from the service marketplace to people who don't have access to it is against the terms of use. Sorry.

Answers (0)