Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing DB instance for PI730

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are doing distributed installation of PI730. We have did ASCS ,SCS on one server and now we are trying to do database instance installation We are getting error " Can not connect to message server 3901 port". Please see that attached snapshot for detailed error.

We are able to access profile directory from db server but when we are giving it as input while installing db server It is giving error that unable to connect message server with port 3901 It is reading the port from default profile .. we tried to change the port in default profile then it gave us error with that port

tried uninstallation and again installation but it did not help. We have also tried restart the system.

We have checked the message server logs and they are also fine.

Can you please help us?

Thanks

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Atul,

Can you try to telnet from DB server telnet <hostname> <port>.  ( in your case : telnet AUSSNWPPAS03 3901). See if the port is accessible from there.

Regards,

Mudasir.

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

It got resolved by opening the port 3901. Initially I thought that port may be creating problem but I did similar landscape setup in one of our landscape there and I have not faced such issue. Here I believe they have some different firewalls.

Regards

Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the SAP system is up and running.

Please try the following.

1.Stop the SAP system.

2. Check whether any WSQ SAP Services are running

3.Start the SAP system

Please check and try again.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

As well as please maintain the server name in the /etc/host entry.

Might be helpful for you...