Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Guide for SAP Netweaver 7.0 Including EHp3

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have to install SAP Netweaver 7.03 (i.e. SAP Netweaver 7.0 Including EHp3) AS-ABAP on Oracle-Linux Platform.

I have got the required media from SMP.

However I am looking for Master & Installation Guide for SAP Netweaver 7.0 Including EHp3.

On SMP, Installation & Upgrade Guides section, i do not see a single guide for NW 7.0 with EHp3.

After checking on SAP Help portal, for SAP Netweaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3, there is a small section and a note, which talks about installation information and it says, "Information about installing the Application Server ABAP of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including EHP3 is accessible through the installation pages for your Business Suite application or add-on product."

Please let me know the implication here.

1) Am I supposed to follow the generic installation guide i.e. SAP Netweaver 7.0 or NW 7.0 Including EHp2

2) Or this implies that I can use the guides for ECC6 EHp6. (As ECC 6 Ehp6 is Based on SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHp3)

Please, please help me figure out this!!

I have to install SAP Netweaver AS ABAP version 7.0 Including EHp3

I have gone through couple for SCN discussions regarding the same, but i would like to know what you experts think of this.

Which are the correct guides and where do i find them for installing SAP Netweaver 7.0 Including EHp3.

Regds,

Akshay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, after crawling over SCN spaces i finally found the guide and  it is not visible anywhere along with guides of other versions of SAP Netweaver.

Here is the orphaned link to "Installation Guide SAP Systems Based on the Application Server ABAP of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including EHP3 on Linux: Oracle" => https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001234782011E.

Regds,

Akshay

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note 789220. Which states that SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0  and SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 are same.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to download guide of SAP Netweaver 7.3. There is some change in naming convention after SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP2. So, you should  use guide of SAP Netweaver 7.3.

Thanks

Sunny

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Thanks for the info.

In addition to that, could you please confirm to me, that installation of AS-ABAP will be done using SWPM or SAPinst in this case?

If most of the things are as per NW 7.3 then should i be using SWPM 1.0 for installation.

Regds,

Akshay.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use SWPM.

Thanks

Sunny