SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorization (Academic Calendar Problem)

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have a question about structural authorization.I use the function RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT which finds the root organizational unit to which the user is organizationally assigned for structural authorization profiles. And we have only calendars that are assigned to top organizational unit (the university in this case)

I expect it would read the top calendar assigned to top organizational unit (since it's inherited by the lower level organizational units), however it doesn't. It only reads the academic calendar when I specially assign the academic calendar to the organizational unit which the user is assigned.

Is there any way to make it read top calendar?

1 REPLY 1

silke_jakobi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

I hope you do not mind that I copy our email dialog in here.

It might be helpful for others in the network.

-----------------------------------------

Hi Silke,

This is the exact way we solved the problem. To give an example: My user is assigned to organizational unit, MIMB. The top organizational unit is IKU. With this evaulation path and profile settings, for program catalog, the search results show up like below.

We want to know is there any way to filter this search result to only top organizational unit (IKU in this case) and the organizational unit which the user is assigned (MIMB in this case)? Or if possible, just the organizational unit which the user is assigned (MIMB in this case)? We think it would be more efficient that way

Saygılarımla / Best regards,

-------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:59 AM
To: Hakan Köse; Jonkers, Rob
Cc: 'Burcu Güven'
Subject: RE: Structural Authorization (Academic Calendar Problem)

Hi Hakan,

If you just need to derive the calendar you should try to very simple evaluation path that just derives the calendar from the top org unit.

O            A             510         Uses (for Calendar)        *             CA

O            A             002         Reports (line) to              *             O

Assign this evaluation path to a profile with the root object TOP org unit. Enter the object ID directly in the profile.

In customizing the default evaluation path for academic calendar should make sure that the calendar is derived for the processes like registration, event planning, etc.

ACADCAL            DEFWEGID         PIQCASTD           Dflt Evaluation Path of Acad. Calendar

ACADCAL            TOPCAONLY                                     Academic Calendar Evaluation

Maybe you can also check customizing setting Define General Evaluation of Academic Calendars and there the entry TOPCAONLY.

If the system does not derive the CA for your processes please let me know.

Best regards,

Silke

------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013 09:17
To: Jakobi, Silke; Jonkers, Rob
Cc: 'Burcu Güven'

Hi Silke,

We have two academic calendars. Currently, there’s only one calendar we want to be able to authorize the object CA. The problem is, as I tried to explain in detail in my previous mail with attachment, that the academic calendar is assigned to top organizational unit, however the user with structural auhtorization is assigned to a lower level organizational unit. We need an evaluation path or a function module to use in structural authorization profile to make that lower level unit to inherit the academic calendar from top organizational unit.

Saygılarımla / Best regards,

----------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:12 AM
To: Hakan Köse; Jonkers, Rob
Cc: Burcu Güven

Hi Hakan,

does the access to the calendar has to be restricted to one calendar? Or ask in another way: How many academic calendars do you have?

If there is only one you can authorize the object CA (academic calendar) in general. That is pretty easy and also good for performance.

Please let me know. In other cases I will look for an adequate evaluation path.

Best regards,

Silke