SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Structural Authorization (Academic Calendar Problem)

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have a question about structural authorization.I use the function RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT which finds the root organizational unit to which the user is organizationally assigned for structural authorization profiles. And we have only calendars that are assigned to top organizational unit (the university in this case)

I expect it would read the top calendar assigned to top organizational unit (since it's inherited by the lower level organizational units), however it doesn't. It only reads the academic calendar when I specially assign the academic calendar to the organizational unit which the user is assigned.

Is there any way to make it read top calendar?

1 REPLY 1

silke_jakobi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

I hope you do not mind that I copy our email dialog in here.

It might be helpful for others in the network.

Hi Silke,

This is the exact way we solved the problem. To give an example: My user is assigned to organizational unit, MIMB. The top organizational unit is IKU. With this evaulation path and profile settings, for program catalog, the search results show up like below.

We want to know is there any way to filter this search result to only top organizational unit (IKU in this case) and the organizational unit which the user is assigned (MIMB in this case)? Or if possible, just the organizational unit which the user is assigned (MIMB in this case)? We think it would be more efficient that way

Saygılarımla / Best regards,