cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language options in SAP ME

0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, I have done all configurations in SAP ME in English language.

However, If I want PODs or any other operator interaction screen to be in some other language, say Japanese then what settings do I need to follow?

I have referred "Note 73606 - Supported Languages and Code Pages" but couldn't figure out much about the settings to be done or any installation to be done for having different interaction language (other than english) for operators.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Renu,

You have two options:

1. Change the language in IE to your target language.

2. Go to Default Activity Manager / Production / Product / Change User Password, click Modify and then you can change the language.

Of course, that works only if ME already supports the language.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Miguel

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

The Note 73606 does not cover SAP ME solution.

The option #1 mentioned by Miguel is correct.

As concerns option #2, as I see in ME 6.0.4.2, Change User Password allows changing the password only, and the Language field is grayed out. But this is the same functionality as Identity Management of NWA.

But for both options, there are some places in GUI which will preserve the language which was used originally during the installation. This is mentioned in the Note section on page 22 of the Installation Guide: "Note that these parameters cannot be modified after initial data has been loaded in SAP ME."

Regards,

Sergiy