Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI to PI scenario

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to create a PI to PI scenario. PI 7.1 to PI 7.3.

I want to know how this can be done and is it possible to send data from one PI server to another PI server. In this case, will this give a version compatibility issue?

Is this can be done, can you tell me how this can be done?

Regards,

R. Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

I think you have to use the SOAP adapter. Publish web services in one PI and consume them from the another.

Regards,

Roberto

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you help me out with any reference material for this?

Regards,

R. Lavanya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on PI 7.3(dual stack) there will not be any version compatibility issue. Below is a probable flow of messages.

Source  --> PI1(7.1) -->PI(7.3) --> Target

Create receiver XI channel in PI 7.1 and maintain integration server details of PI 7.3 system in the HTTP destination. You can follow PI to PI connection part from below guide, although it serves a specific requirement.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b01dba10-9f40-2d10-51b1-e03e7679d...

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lavanya,

You want to connect 2 PI servers.

For this you need to create a RFC destinations on each server pointing to the other and use XI adapter on PI 7.1 and SOAP Adapter on PI 7.3 with Transport protocal as XI 3.0 (in case of AEX server).

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you may need to use SOAP Adapter XI Protocol (if its on java stack ) or use XI adapter

As said above you can use web services also

HTH

Rajesh