Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted path to document file

psigel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am in need of some expertise concerning DMS / KPRO. We currently use the SAP DMS as HTTP-Content-Server (ContentServer.dll as HTTP-Script), storing the documents in the Windows FileSystem of the server.

For a test scenario on a cyclic interval I want to copy around 300 files from PROD-system to TEST and DEV. Unfortunately the file path on the server looks like this.

*\SAP\ContRep\ZVL1_300_02\00e5\dccb38a7be1396f19bee0017a43a07e6\00104221.sldprt

I know that I can get the connection of document number and PHIO (long cryptic string) via the following tables:

DMS_DOC2LOIO

DMS_PH_CD1

DMS_PHIO2FILE

But I have not found a way to determine the short cryptic folder name. It seems to be hashed using some kind of key by the SAP system or the content server itself.

Is there a (more or less) easy way to get that folder name for a certain document / PHIO? The system has to know where to look for the file, either by a predefined table or by calculating the value each time.

I really would appreciate your help, because I am in some kind of dead end!

Best regards,

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Few questions

1) How do you plan to perform test in DEV only by copying the document on the content server ?

2) What is the content repository name on production.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

psigel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1. Our SAP Basis does a regular data copy from PROD to TEST and DEV. They don't copy the DMS files though because that would be hundreds of GB wasted. However my users need certain representative test files to check the system functionality according to laws applied to our industry.

I plan to identify and copy the missing files from PROD content to TEST and DEV content (via VBscript on content server). I am talking about 300 document files, which takes weeks if I use the windows search for the PHIO-ID. Therefor my question, if it is possible to identify the marked folder 00e5 ?

2. PROD: \SAP\ContRep\ZVP1_300_02

TEST:    \SAP\ContRep\ZVL1_300_02

DEV:      \SAP\ContRep\ZVE1_300_02

Though I don't think that this information is relevant.

Regards.

Pascal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Path of stored documents can be identified from CSConfigPath file. You may check the contents and see whether anything useful comes out.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

psigel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

can you please be more specific about this file? I couldn't find a file named CSConfigPath via windows search. What is the exact name of the file or where can I find it?

Edit: If found the ContentServer.ini but that file is of no use concerning the problem with the folder name.

Regards,

Pascal

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I am sorry. The filename is ContentServer.ini. CSConfigpath is the configuration table in the webserver which holds path of ContentServer.ini.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

psigel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

as edited in my post before I have analysed ContentServer.ini. Though there was no hint on my problem. I think I have checked almost every customizing option of the content server and the repositories: no sign of those 4-digit subfolders, an option referring to them or a table that shows a link to the PHIO id.

Any more ideas or clues that might help?

Regards,

Pascal