cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to File Scenario - Configuration steps need to be done in R3 and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with IDoc to File scenario. Can someone please explain, what are the steps or configuration things need to be done in R3 and as well as in XI too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create the following details....

R3 :

1. SM59 : Create an RFC destination poitning to XI.

2. We20 : Create Partner Profiles.

3. We21 : Create a port.

In XI you have to maintain RFC destination whihc points to R/3 system.

SLD:

1. Create a technical system pointing to the the R3 system.

2. Create a business system poitning to the logical sytstem / client of the R3 system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thank you for your reply.

In R3, I had tried to Create an RFC destination pointing to XI. (by using SM59 TCode).

But I am not able to proceed further with the Partner Profile, after executing the WE20 Tcode..Partner Profiles screen is showing. But after this, I am not able to proceed further, what inputs need to be given for creating the Partner Profile.

As I am new to SAP XI, Could you please provide any steps/inputs for creating the Partner Profile.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

for Partner profile, do below in SAP R/3:

in WE20, There is Partner type LS(logical system) option, click it,

then at top there is create button click it.

then give name for your LS for XI....

Then in its outbound parameter, add the IDOC basic type......in it tell the receiver port to be your XI port you created in WE21......tell to tranfer IDOC immediately...

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

create the port in WE21 of R/3 system then select Transactional RFC then click on create button or F7. it will ask for generating port by itself uncheck andselect create port then give the port name and sepcific the RFC name you have created.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by:

Harsha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I thought i will just share a few basic thoughts that you need to take care while doing an IDOC to File Scenario. Just see if it helps you in anyways.

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

IDOC -> File scenario ref:

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters scenario</a>

File -> IDOC ref:

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

To be able to trigger your IDOC from the SAP ISU system, you will have to set the partner profile in we20. Select your Business System (mostly under Logical system) and then create Outbound entries for whichever IDOC you want to trigger.

You define your basic type also in your partner profile settings, Please go thru the following links to get a better idea about partner profile:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b833243d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7cd343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/32/692037b1f10709e10000009b38f839/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/b8f8bf356dc84096e4fedc2cd71426/frameset.htm

Also, I would suggest that you go through this blog by michal if any issue arises,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Also have a look at these forum threads...

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

in XI, you will make a r/3 conn from XI to R/3 system in SM59 in XI......you will also create a File adapter receiver comm channel to recieve your target output file.

In R/3:

WE20 -Create port for xi

WE21 - create LS for XI port..in this LS, add inbound parameter for IDOC, tell the recieve port of XI, tell start subsystem.....tell tranfer IDOC immediately.......

SM59 - Create a r/3 conn to XI from SAP R/3.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev, Chilla

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Sree

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog,

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Create a RFC Connection

2. create a port

3.Pranter profile.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the below links

idoc settings /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

idoc mapping - /people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

Points rewarded if it is useful..

Regards

Chilla