cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when i add tables to attribute view?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to know what happens behind when a table is added to data foundation of attribute view

1. Is the entire table along with the tuples get loaded?

2. Is just the structure of the table is loaded  and not the tuples ?

If second is correct, how is it able to fetch the data when we apply filters in attriubte view?

Regards,

Vinoth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

The table is not loaded to the memory unless it is queried. Secondly only the queried columns are loaded , not all the columns (all tuples).

So even if you add another table (with referential join), it will not be queried. But if the joined table has a filter applied on it, then the join is executed and the table is loaded to the memory.

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

So if my understanding is correct, when i apply filter while designing attribute view, the column on which the filter applied is loaded where the user is able to choose the value for the filter

one more thing, We are able to apply filter on columns which we dont select,then here the column is queried even though it is not selected,

Regards,

Vinoth

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Any data required by the database to be shown / displayed is loaded to the memory. Hence when you select values from the column to select in the filter, the column data is loaded to the memory during the design time.

You can check which all columns are loaded from M_CS_COLUMNS view with the table_name = <your table name>.

Also M_CS_TABLES which help you understand if the table is already loaded fully or partially to the memory.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for the usefull information......

My doubt got cleared.

Regards,

Vinoth

Answers (0)