cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manually 3rd party sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am asking one question regarding 3rd party sale .

we have 2 types of 3rd party process is there 1 is Manual 3rd party and another Automatically 3rd party

i know very well About Automatically 3 rd Party sale process.

i know automatically 3 rd party means we have change the item category in sales order manually when stock is not there

here my doubt is for manually  3rd party sale we dont maintaine BANS , AND TAS Right

please explain about  manually 3rd party sale ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually , I am not getting your Query in correct way .Where ,you dont maintain BANS and TAS ?

Note : When you maintain assignment in VOV4 with Manual Item Category then only we can do processing in VA01 as Manually Process .If not maintain then not possible in VA01 .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

what i am asking is when we use manuval process ?

bz we use automatic peocess

what is difference plz u help me

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I think you are using manual third part sale process yet. Manual and automatic depends on your item category determination. If you maintain BANS and TAS in material master and VOV4 item category determination and TAS is determined automatically in your sale order then it is automatic third party sale. If automatic determined item category is TAN and you change manually to TAS then is is manual third party sale.

Please check

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramya,

As far i understand your query, you're asking the difference between Manual Item Category assignment and Automatic Item category assignment if this is so then please refer to the following links. Thanks.

http://www.magnatraining.com/sap-item-category-determination-manual-vs-automatic/

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/a7/f42c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all thank you for replay but

what i am asking is When we implement manually 3rd party process ?

All are giving configuration but i am asking what is the nee of this

plz tell me some thing theoretical part   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear plz comment on my question plz tell me when we use manually 3rd party process

plz tell me the process ( i am asking in which situation we run )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramya,

In 3rd party ordering processing, your process the order via 3rd party i.e; Vendor which ships the good directly to the customer and billed you (the company) for that. 3rd party business transaction can be processed manually or automatically. In manual 3rd party order processing you've to supply the products via 3rd party to the customer and for that you can manually change the item category during sales order processing. You can specify the Item category as TAS after changing it from TAN while processing the sales document if you want to pass the order via 3rd party. Have a look at this wonderful document which explains almost every possible things. Hope it's clear enough. Thanks.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/560287545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you search in Google ,you can get good Doc on this Topic  instead of asking here .

Note : This query answered here before .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ammarah

I Have read this thread before closing this thread plz give me one exact point

In the case of a material that you normally deliver yourself but occasionally need to order from a third-party vendor, you can overwrite the item category during sales order processing. For a material that you normally deliver yourself, you specify the item category group NORM in the material master.

Here Company deliverys the goods but occasionally need to order from a third party ..

Here i failed to understand exactly plz any one explain me

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Scenario is in Third Party as below .

• ME51N
  • ME54N
  • ME21N
  • VL10B
  • VL02N
  • VF01
  • MIRO

This is the way actually following in 3rd party .

If you have any doubts please let me know

Note : We are following as above and we have another also .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear narendra

PLZ  give me me basic idea just

in manually Here Company delivery the goods but occasionally need to order from a third party ..

My doubt is just explain what is occacinally and why ?

just i want theoretically ?

I hope u understand  plz 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts plz comment on my doubt plz plz plz

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For a given material if your company doesn't procure and maintain the stock in their warehouse...every time a sales order is created for this item, the item category TAS will be determined for this item and as you are aware it will trigger the creation of a Purchase Requisition in the background which will be processed by other team for raising PO and subsequently the items will be delivered by the vendor to the customer.

In the case of some materials, the company will procure the material from third party vendors and maintain the stocks in their warehouse. Whenever a sales order is created for this item, the item category TAN will be determined and the stock will be delivered from this client's warehouse. In cases where if the client wishes to get the material delivered directly from Vendor to the customer, they will change the item category and it will trigger the creation of PR for this item.

The reasons for manually changing the item category can be...as an example...

1. If the customer needs the material at the earliest possible, and if we donot have stock available in the warehouse and if it takes more time to get the material to your warehouse and then deliver it to the customer...than sending it directly from vendor to customer.

2. Say if the customer is nearer to the vendor and if it involves more money and time for delivering the goods from your warehouse...to save money and trime...the item in the sales order will be made as a third party item.

3. In the case of some materials, though the company manufactures that material, it also procures the same material from third party vendors (defined in the material master). While creating sales orders for this material, if the stock is not available, they can convert this item to a third party item changing the item category from TAN to TAS.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think ,now you can able to understand why we have to do Manual Process by " Ravi " Explanation .

Note : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3306597 If you have any doubts other than scenarios please check this link

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ravi sankar and narendra one doubt let me ask

Ravi shankar , gave some points why we maintain manuval 3rd party process

here he gave directly when ever customer wants goods from vendor

but in automatic 3rd party also we sand the goods diractly from the vendor 

PLZ i am fully confused yaaar ,, plz explain in simple terms

plz plz help me maximum i am trying to identify the difference but it is not possible to me

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you not understood ,read once again .We have explained in Simple Terms not in Complex Way .

Thanks,

Naren