cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing details in Delivery Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Client is into Paint industry, they are into a situation where they need to maintain packing details in the Delivery Document, i.e.

Assume the Sales order quantity is 10000 Lts, and they would deliver the Paint in the following packing item:

(1 Drum contain 200 Lts and 1 Can contain 20 Lts)

45 Drums contains 200 Lts = 9000 Lts

20 Cans contains 20 Lts     = 1000 Lts

The above details needs to be recorded in the delivery document. Where it can be maintained, kindly help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option is create Drum, Can as packing material. Define allowed volume, and Allowed weight of material in Material Master >>Sales general Plant. In Delivery assign paint to these paking material in packing screen.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj for your reply, as suggested by you, have created the packing materials as Drum and Can in material master but can't assign the same in delivery document. Can you please explain in detail?

We are not maintaining any Handling Unit functionality.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

What error you are geting while attaching material, It will be great if you can attach screenshot.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

This needs to be maintained in Material Master. Go to material master >> Alternative unit and maintain all these relationships.

In Material Master you can maintain sales unit,  base unit and delivery Unit. Create sales order in Drum, Cans or liters

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for reply, its a standard procedure.

Client will maintain the Quantity on whole in the Sales order. I.e. Sales person doesn't know how many Drums or Cans to be sent out to Customer. Only the Warehouse Person in the Delivery will decide on the Packing item.

They are maintaining the Quantity in the Sales order as Litres and, packaging specification might differ based upon the Packaging material availability.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vijay N