cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating Load Balancing for a special RFC Connection (J2EE - ABAP) NW 7.3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an RFC (for UD Connect) connection, how can I deactivate load balancing for this connection?

Before 7.3 I was able to use visual administrator and to adjust JCO RFC Connection.

With SAP 7.3 this connection is configured as an (application Resources) Resource Adapter (SAPJavaResourceAdapter15)

When I set the parameter "local" to true, tc~sapjra crashes.

Is this the right parameter?

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

I too am having the same issue. Since we are setup with multiple Java instances and ABAP instances, we need the java side to register itself with each ABAP instance. Like mentioned before you used to be able to do this with the JCo Destinations on the Java side (in Visadmin) and checking "Local Bundle". Has there been an additional events since this topic was last updated or has anyone figured out how to get the JRA to register with all ABAP instances?

I've got a message open with OSS, but it's been pretty slow moving thus far.

Thanks,

Rob

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am facing the same issue,

did you got an answer from sap-support alreay?

where to find the "local bundle" option in NWA 7.31 ?

o.k. - follow this:

=> sap-note 1658310 -

How to configure UD connect on the J2EE (710,..730) server for JDBC access to external databases

=>  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1658310

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP says it's a limitation of the new JRA framework, you'll have to point the JRA to a specific instance  and in the RFC connection with the Program ID you use in the JRA config, you'll need to specify the same instance for the gateway and service as you did in the JRA config. This way all ABAP instances will use the single gateway for connections going back to the JAVA stack (seems silly to me, but that is how it is designed).

Example:

SAPResourceAdapter15 Config:

ProgramID: UDI_RFC_P73
ServerName: server1
PortNumber: 10

RFC Config:

Destination: UDC_RFC

ProgramID: UDI_RFC_P73

Gateway Host: server1

Gateway service: sapgw10

They also said you could setup a standalone gateway if you wanted to isolate the gateway and detach it from an ABAP system, but you would still configure it the same way. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What if there are multiple server nodes for a J2EE instance and you want the RFC to work with only one server node ?

Regards

RB

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

You may be out of luck.I will say with multiple server nodes on 7.31, we haven't had an issue yet with loads failing like they used to with 7.0x and multiple nodes, where you had to do the local bundle to fix the issue with it jumping between nodes and not knowing where it had left off. So maybe that is the reasoning for them switching to the JRA framework, maybe it does a better job of internal load-balancing and session management for UDC data loads.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reagan Benjamin wrote:

What if there are multiple server nodes for a J2EE instance and you want the RFC to work with only one server node ?

Regards

RB

yes, that is the point - we have the same issue,

UDconnect on IBM-i with 2 java-server nodes on a NW-BW-7.31 SP10,

SAP is not able to get this UDconnect szenario running,

we have a prio high SAP-Support ticket - but until now, no solution from SAP.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Keep us updated on the solution provided by SAP.

Good Luck

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

UDConnect can be configured only with one Server node.

If you have multiple server nodes then you need to create an additional RFC from ABAP to Java and a JCo RFC from Java to ABAP and configure the Source Systems for UDConnect with this RFC.

These RFC's should be created as "Registered Server Program"

The JCo RFC's at the Java side normally gets replicated to all server nodes if there is more than one server node present in the Java stack. You need to disable this feature.

The purpose of this is to disable the load balancing mechanism for the UDConnect feature.

On older releases you disable it from the Visual Admin by selecting the option "Local Bundle" under the Special Settings tab in the JCo RFC Connections for that particular JCo RFC.

By doing this the RFC is not getting replicated to all server nodes foloowing the restart of the J2EE stack.

There is no Visual Admin available on systems running on 7.3 so I haven't got an NW 7.3 system handy so I am not sure how to disable it.

There should be some option from NWA.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thats what I tried to do with setting the parameter local in the SAPJavaResourceAdapter15.

But I just figured out that local is the wrong parameter.

Add-on installation

Local

Local J2EE Gateway. The parameter is only relevant if a double stack communication (Java/ABAP) is taking place. Type boolean. Default value = False.

So whats the right parameter?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus

There used to be the option "Local Bundle" under the Special Settings tab in the JCo RFC Connections in the Visual Admin tool for previous releases.

As VA is no longer present then there should be some similar option present in the NWA.

If you are not able to find that or set it then I suggest you to contact SAP Support for clarification.

Cheers

RB

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Are you using NWA to configure this application resource?

could you post the nwa log details for the crash of the application resource?

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Yes, I'm using NWA now (NW 7.3).

Where can I find that log, can I access it through the web?

I'm not a admin, just have to figure it out 🙂

I have full admin rights, but no access to physical drives.

thx

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

goto NWA -->Troubleshooting Tab -->click on Logs and traces --> Log viewer.\

you can filter out logs based on the time and user.Try to paste the logs when you attempted to change the parameter and crash happened on the application resource.

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please see below for logs.

But I found out that local seems to be the wrong paramaeter for what I want (deactivate load balancing for this RFC connection)

Local J2EE Gateway. The parameter is only relevant if a double stack communication (Java/ABAP) is taking place. Type boolean. Default value = False.

f