Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize master data from central to local object

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading to PC 10 and I came across an aspect of a change from Central IELC Control not reflecting in local IELC control.

Does the sync of all central objects happen automatically to local objects when changes are made in the central objects like IELC control, Central sub process and Central hierarchy? Or is there specific program for every object in PC 10 to sync central data from objects locally?

I presume that this is new to PC 10 since the changes in PC 3.0 were automatic. Can you experts please advise on this?

Thanks,

Mohammed Kashif Masood

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have located 2 programs for IELC and Sub Process sync. Do we run them every time we change central controls or schedule it via a background job. Which one is suggested?

GRPC_IELC_SYNCHRONIZE andGRPC_SUBPROCESS_SYNCHRONIZE

Thanks,
Mohammed Kashif

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

This is not done via background job but runnning whenever you change the central master data which should happen very often ofcourse.

Regards,

Smita.

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is another one , GRPC_PSTEP_SYNCHRONIZE , for synching control attributes. You can run them in the background as in the production system  data sync is expected to happen automatically .

Thats exactly how I did the set up of these programs in my recent implementation .

Regards

Sharad

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Smita,

Does this apply to referenced controls only which are referenced locally from central control during creation?

Can you break down the different programs for the sync for the objects to sync so it is clear? I can thereby share it with the customer.

Thanks,
Mohammed Kashif

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharad,

I think the program GRPC_PSTEP_SYNCHRONIZE syncs the control attributes for a control by reference only. This is not for IELCs. Correct?

Thanks,

Mohammed Kashif

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

GRPC_PSTEP_SYNCHRONIZE works for both types, reference and copy. GRPC_IELC_SYNCHRONIZE is for indirect entity level controls .

Regards

Sharad