cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP - question about routing and capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about the usage of routing.

I have created a routing and several PIR to generate planned orders and works orders.

If I check the capacity in transaction CM01 for a specific day, the system indicates to me a load of 120%. If I change in the work center the number of capacities from 1 to 2 (type of capacity person), the load displayed in CM01 display 60 %.

It's normal for me and now I want to check the field "numer of employees in the routing". I change the value from 1 to 2 for an operation (screenshot attached) and the load displayed in transaction CM01 doesn't change. I don't understand, what is the purpose of this field and what is it impact on capacity/load.

Can you explain me please?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your example, in the first part by changing the WC you have doubled the available capacity, so it makes sense that the load drops by a factor of 2.  In the second part if you did not increase the machine or labor time required for the operation you have not really increased the capacity requirement.

Capacity Requirements are calculated based on the formula specified in the workcenter on the capacities tab.  Change the WC with CR02 and look on the Capacities tab at the Processing Formula.  There is display formula icon towards the bottom of the screen to show you what the formula is calculating.  To use Number of Employees in the calculation you will need to configure a new formula in OP21.

Also, be careful to make a distinction between Capcacity Requirements and Scheduling Requirements.  There are 2 different tabs on the WC to specify the formulas for scheduling and capacities.  And pay attention to splitting in the operation.  All of these factors come into play in determining capacity useage.

Look here for help on workcenters:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b1/c03348439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Answers (0)