cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login through User ID other than S ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an S ID and I am forced to login to SCN using only that ID.

I cannot remember it, and have to note it down, and refer the same whenever I log in to SCN

Can I not create a simple User ID for login, or use my registered e-mail ID at the login page for SCN?

I have tried this, but it fails. Login only works with my S ID.

Is there any such facility available.....or I will have no option but to create a NEW REGISTRATION without using my S ID.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

You should be able to use also your mail address as user ID when logging in.

I just checked and you actually have two accounts with the same mail address. The other is a p-user (p14584990).

I would suggest you login with the p-user at https://accounts.sap.com and change the mail address there. I you can't remember the password, request a password reset on the login page.

Once the mail address is changed on the p-user, you should be able to login with the mail address to your s-user account.

Another option is to change the mail address of the s-user in Service Market Place.

A third option would be to download your browser certificate for the s-user, again in SMP and use that for login, which will make any username/password login procedure obsolete.

Best,

Oliver

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

eMail address, user ID or user name.  Here's a screenshot for reference:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your S ID can only be used once, for a single SCN user.  The same for an eMail addresses: each user required a unique eMail address.

You can create a new SCN user account with a unique eMail address.  However, SCN requests that each user have a single SCN user account: this is being enforced where possible.  Furthermore, if your have multiple SCN accounts your points and reputation will be split accordingly and you will not be able to merge your accounts later on!