cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Error while connecting to a Local repository from Data Services Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Data Services SP3 on windows server 2008 with repository database of MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

After the installation I configured the Job server and added 2 local job server and 1 central job server from Data Services server manager and created two repository in CMC. After successfully establishing connection from CMC when I logged into the data sevices management console it says no repository found.

So I even restarted the SIA and still the problem exists.

While connecting from Data Services designer I can see both the repositories but while connecting to repository it fails to connect. It says a error mesage

ODBC Call to the Data Source Failed. Notify the customer Support (BODI-1112172).

I checked the notes and found KB 1514119

It says Resolution

Install the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native client on the machine where the DS or IS Job Server.

However there has been the native client SQL Server 2008 R2 already installed. So I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it. Still the same error exists.

Please suggest what can be the next steps to try. Attached the error message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durgamadhab,

Please confirm the SAP Business Objects Data Services Version, because then the process of configuring activity is changed.

For your help i mentioned SAP BODS 3.2 activity:

SAP Business Objects Data Services 3.2:

• Log in in SQL Server 2008 R2 with SQL Authentication Mode (As per your Error Login failed for User "sa")
  • Create the Data Base (Local Repository,Profile Repository,Central Repository)
  • Configure Data base as a Repository we have to Use Data Services Repository manager for Local Repository,Profile Repository,Secure Central Repository.

Then login in Data Services Designer 3.0 to 3.2 Using database authentication or Windows authentication

Windows Authentication Image:

Data Base Authentication:

And for the error again comes then

Resolution Steps:

• Create ODBC Connection on that particular machine using Windows or SQL Authentication
  • If you are creating database (SQL Server 2008) is on Windows then create Windows Authentication ODBC other wise create SQL Authentication ODBC Connection
  • Then check in Designer.

Hope this help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Version is BODS 4.0 SP3. I have followed all the steps you mentioned but still the issue exists.

I created a new database using a new mySQL instance and then created the repository on top of it.It now works.Still don't know what was wrong originally.

Resolving the thread.

Answers (0)