cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am working in a scenario of ECC(6.0)-PI(7.1 EHP 1)-SCM(7.0) integration for Purchase order collaboration. A PI expert had maintained the necessary settings.

I think he was using my user credentials for PI-SCM integration. Recently I changed my password for SCM system. Then I found error while transferring the XML messages from PI to SCM.

Below is the error message in SXMB_MONI Transaction payload.

I don't have much knowledge in PI side. Please suggest me how can I update the new password in appropriate place so that the transfer process will start again.

Thanks in advance.

Pratyusa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to thank all the contributors for their time and effort they had given to resolve this issue.

The issue is resolved. I am sorry to say that I can not provide the necessary steps taken to resolve this as I contacted the PI consultant to help me in this.

Regards

Pratyusa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusa,

A quick fix would be to identify the receiver communication channel that's being used in the PI Integration Directory and change the password for user "abswain".

This is probably going through the SCM proxy framework and your PI person could have configured a receiver channel (XI Adapter type with HTTP Transport Protocol) with connection details (and user and pass) directly in the channel or they could have used an HTTP destination (type H using TCode SM59 on PI - I think it's this option that they used) in the channel. Once you have found the channel & established established the method being used you can fix either the password in the channel or the password in the RFC destination (depending on how the PI person configured it)...

Ideally, you want to be using a service user for this type of comms so that the passwd doesn't expire. So maybe ask your authorizations to create a service user on SCM that PI can use (with all the necessary authorizations for PO collaboration on SCM. Then adjust the PI channel or RFC on PI accordingly.

Regards, Trevor

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusa,

Once check with the PI person what adapter is he using for connecting PI to SCM server and if he using your old credentials which is failing now.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You haven't mentioned mode of communication does PI using to connect SCM system.

For IDOC or Proxy based communication. Go to PI -->SM59-->Click on test of respective RFC destinations(ABAPConnections/Type3--IDOC,HTTPABAPConnections/Type H--Proxy).

If connection test is failed with above reason;check the username and pwd and change it accordingly.

For RFC .Go to PI-->ID-->Receiver RFC channel-->check the username and pwd and change it accordingly.

Simple tip.

Go to sxmb_moni in PI system-->double click on log of failed message -->click on trace-->It shows clearly where exactly in which step it was failed.Take action accordingly.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to check if the passwords are maintained correctly in exchange profile. It can be accessed using url http://<hostname>:<port>/exchangeProfile.

Check the PI* users ( eg.  PIAPPLUSER, PIAFUSER etc ) in all the parameters and update the corresponding passwords.

Update these and provide feedback.

Regards,

Mudasir.