cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer Certificate error in SOAP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

scenario RFC to SOAP, connecting CISCO system.

the URL is sceure connected https://.................

as it is secure connection i asked the cisco team to provide the certificate to deploy in SAP PI for communication.

they told they dont have certificate to provide and the other vendors are connecting to there system without certificate.

Now how to communicate to the CISCO system with out certificate.

Reards,

chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are using PI7.3 to connect to CISCO. You can download SSL certificate for CISCO site from browser it self. point browser with Cisco URL and then follow steps 1 to 6 as highlighted in below snap shot to download the certificate.

Provide the downloaded certificate to basis team to install for PI NWA in TrustedCA keystore. No further extra configuration required in SOAP channel.

Check this thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/11074837

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen for the reply.

i am using PI7.1 version to connect Cisco system.

can i follow above process to download the certificate and give it to basis team.

regards,

chinna

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not 100% sure for PI7.1, but you can try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The certificate is installed in trustedCA, but when i check in ID, i can see remaining key stores but trustedCA is not visible.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said before, no need mention anything in SOAP communication channel.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

tobiasberneck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you only have to place the public key in the view trustedCA. The system is finding the corresponding entry automatically during the connection to the target system. If you look for the cert in the configuration, then you will not find it, because there are only listed the private keys available in the keystore used for client authentication.

But you are only placing a public key of the server ot the CA into the keystore under trustedCA.

Kind regards,

Tobi.