Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritize DC in CTM

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My current scenario is that i have 2 DC and one Plant and i am using CTM . Is there any way we can prioritize the demand from one DC above another .

In short can we prioritize one location over another .

Eg:   We have 2 DC 'A' and 'B' and i there is one sales order each on Feb 14th on each of the DC . I want always the Sales order from DC 'A' above DC 'B".

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

It has been a while since I used CTM but two approaches come to mind for your requirement as I understand it.

1.  Sequential CTM runs with the first run containing data for DC1 and the plant.  The second run would contain data for DC2 and the plant.  You might have to set the "Retain Pegging for Firm Orders" for the second run.  Sequence the runs in a process chain.

2.  Set the location priority in each DC.  Use the sort criterion LOCPRIO in demand prioritization.

These are simplistic approaches to your simple example.  You need to weigh the pros and cons of each approach.  There may be other methods of addressing the same problem.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

This is rather straight forward, use location priority in your DCs and plants.

Highest priority starts from 1 so you can use priority 1 for DC1, priority 2 for DC2 and priority 3 for plant.

Followed by prioritize demand based on location priority under Demands tab in your CTM profile.

Alternatively you can also use special sorting, in case you have some other factors to be considered for demand sorting.

Hope this solve your issue, please let me know for further query.

Rgds

Sourabh