cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Download Courier100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for feedback on the following error incurred in Smartforms when egenrating a form with a standard SAP function module.

In CRM 7.0 EHP2, a developer is using a SAP standard function module  /BCDWB/SF00000011  for Smartforms and incurs an formatting error.

She executes the following steps:

1. Enter t-code SMARTFORMS
  2. Enter value “BEA_CRMB_BILLING_SF”
  3. Hit execute to execute the smartform
  4. Hit execute to execute the Function Module
  5. Hit Enter on all input values
  6. Enter “LP01” in the field “Output Device” and click “Print Preview”

The following appears:

Exception  FORMATTING_ERROR

Message ID:  SSFCOMPOSER

This is being done in a CRM QA box.  I look in SE73 and see Courier but not Courier100.  Wouldn't Courier100 be in that Courier "font family" or is Courier100 a "font famiy" of its own and, thus, I need to download - from somewhere- that Courier100 font family.

Any suggestions/advice  overall??

Thx.

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

which device type is output device LP01 defined with? What fonts doe sit support in SE73 -. Printer Fonts -> <Device type>?

COURIER100 refers to font COURIER, font size 10.0pt.

regards,
Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aidan:

To start, thanks for mentioning it is for Courier 10.0.  The "Courier 100" threw me off.

Here's what I have.

The Device type is        HPLJIIID:  HP Laserjet 3 series PCL-5

When I check in SE73 ->. Printer Fonts -> <Device type>, I see many HP device types and I see an entry for: 

HPLJIIID     HP Laserjet 3 series PCL-5

I double click on “HPLJIIID” and I see many HP device types and I see entries for  HPLJIIID as in the JPEG screen shot (HPLJ III D.jpg) below;  I also attached it as the insert here doesn't look too clear:

Any further advice is appareciated. 

Dave

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

COURIER 10pt seems to be supported ok. It might just be a problem of the buffered font data of the tables. This often happens with fonts. Try running report RSTXDELL with default settings(except change client field to * from the current client). This deletes the buffered data of the sapscript tables and the font information etc is read directly from the tables. Then try again to create the print preview.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aidan:

Unfortunately, same result.  Executed RSTXDELL as suggested.  Replaced the default client entry (100) with  *.  RSTXDELL executed successfully,I tried again but it's a no-go. Attached is the output from RSTXDELL in case you spot something. 

Would it be necessary to generate the font again after running RSTXDELL?

For some added information, the developer is using  a standard function module  -  /BCDWB/SF00000011 - to generate the form. But don't see much of anything on this in SDN or elsewhere.

You've given good leads so far.  I can't imagine what else is going on.  Could also be something in the form itself. 

There is nothing showing up in the SM21.  Haven't checked the work process trace files, maybe there's a clue there. 

If you have anything else, it's apprecaited?

Dave

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Unfortunately sometimes the SSFCOMPOSER errors are misleading depending on the error handling. I believe the function module /BCDWB/SF00000011 is generated from the Smart Form. Each Smart Form generates a unique function module when it is run or called from an application. It would be necessary to debug to check further. Perhaps check which fonts are set in the paragraph and character formats in the style.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aidan:

I'll look at the Smartform “BEA_CRMB_BILLING_SF”  (as listed in my first post) and also get back to the developer. I opened an OSS message last week but have no response...yet. 

If you can think of anything else, let me know.  I don't see anything else I can do from the BAsis side.  Of course, it's always a BAsis issue and it was throw over the fence to me.  It might be a BAsis issue but all the fonts look in order and your second opinion on this helps. 

Dave