cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver 7.31 PAS installation with Oracle 11.2.0.3

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing the NetWeaver 7.31 Primary Application Server (PAS) in a distributed environment.

The SCS and DB installations are complete. The Oracle Database was installed on a different host. The Oracle Database option is 'Single Instance on Filesystem'. The DB installation was completed successfully.

During the PAS installation, sapinst is incorrectly providing the selection screen 'Oracle > Database RAC Parameters`.  The database does not use RAC and 'Database on RAC' option is not selected in the SAP System Database screen.

Can any one provide a workaround to avoid the selection screen for the Database on RAC parameters during the PAS install?  A message has also been submitted to SAP Support.

Regards,
John McCann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

SAP Support found the problem in the trace files.

The root user id had some old environment variables (ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME) which threw the installer into thinking this was an Oracle on RAC install.  Once I unset these two variables, the install continued without incident.

Thanks for your help!

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you selected the option Database on RAC?

If you have selected this option, then it will ask for RAC details. If your database is not on RAC, then don't select this option.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I agree with your assumption.  However regardless of whether I leave the option Database on RAC checked or unchecked I get selection screen for Database RAC parameters.

I am not checking the Database on RAC checkbox (first picture above).  And the Database RAC parameters (second picture) is coming up and prompting for input.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have selected the distributed system option in the SAPINST in the very first  level.

If possible, can you please share that screen what option you selected.

Finally, please try to start the installation of PAS using a latest SAPINST and check whether it works.

Sometimes, there could be bug in your installation master too.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal