Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Accounting Net Value with negative conditions

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure a new pricing procedure that has four conditions that eventually add up to the net value. I am having an issue for passing Net Value to accounting documents when some of the values are negative. Two of the conditions could possibly have negative values. When I create the order the line item conditions and the net value all are correct, but when either condition is negative the value that is passed to revenue is slightly off, which leads to a slightly off net value on the accounting documents.

It seems as though the initial transfer of values to Revenue is slightly off when there are negative condition values, which leads to the rest of the accounting document being off. In a real example the amount that should go to revenue is off by about $1.34 which doesn't correspond to any other numbers on the order. Nothing else on the order points to revenue except the four conditions.

My questions are, what goes in to determining how it passes the values to revenue? If the sum of the positive conditions is 15 and the sum of the negative conditions is 5, then the debit/ credit to Revenue should look like:

Revenue +10

Revenue -5,

However, is looks like this:

Revenue +9.05 -> not sure how it determines this differently only for situations where a negative condition value exists

Revenue - 5.

This only happens when negative condition values exist, and only affects the sum of the positive numbers. The sum of the negative values actually pulls in correctly. An example of the accounting summary would look like this:

This is correct with all positive numbers:

Cond1 = 10

Cond2 = 5

Cond3 = 1

Cond4 = 1

Sales Order Net Value = 17 -> Correct

Revenue = 17

Net Value = 17 -> Correct

This is not correct as Cond2 and Cond3 are negative:

Cond1 = 10

Cond2 = 5

Cond3 = -1

Cond4 = -1

Sales Order Net Value = 15 -> Correct

Revenue = 14.05* Not coming in correctly

Revenue = 14.05 - 2  -> This would = 13 if above line was correct

Net Value = 12.05 -> Should be 13 if Revenue was coming in correctly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

May I know, which condition types ,you are getting like above values ?

Note : 1 .Please see your condition types ,what you have maintained in the Field" Calculation Type ".

2 .Check your Pricing Procedure ,What you have maintained in " Alternative Calculation Type " .

Thanks ,

Naren

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. It did help me a little to understand the calcluation type. The probelm actually ended up being that thtere was a discrepency in the analysis for the value for one of the conditions. It had been updated and rebilled without anyone's knowledge and the difference was the difference from the original value in the sales order and the new rate used in the billing doc. The change was so small it went unnoticed.

Answers (0)