cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcenter in POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know,

if we will use workcenter having some resources under it and in workcenter maintenanace "SFC can be released checkbox is enabled".

Also the workcenter is attached to corresponding operation in operation maintenanace.

Then, in standard POD screen to process SFC, after selection of corresponding operation, can I select Workcenter in Resource tab or we need to select resources under workcenter only  ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

You cannot use Work Center in Resource field in a POD of type 'Operation'. However, there is tailored POD type 'Work Center' starting ME 6.0 (or Rich POD in previous ME versions). You can find more information about it here, likely it works for your needs.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This question came up a while ago. As result, we added additional description of this field in the online help. "Work Center" field has nothing with the work centers defined in WorkCenter Maintenance. It defined a reporting ERP work center and is not used for association with ME work centers.

Regards,

Sergiy

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

I am cofused now. Are you saying that the field "Work Center" in Operation Maintenance has nothing to do with the work centers defined in Work Center Maintenance?

The online help says: "Related to SAP ME ERP integration...".

But in Operation Maintenance you can only select Work Centers previously defined in Work Center Maintenance.

Thanks,

Miguel

0 Kudos

You are right Miguel and the Work Center you specify in Operation Maintenance must be created first in Work Center Maintenance. I believe the confusion came from old ME versions: we used to have this field called Reporting Work Center instead of just Work Center. And for some custom projects had another field called SAP Work Center used for integration only, which was even stored in different custom database table and 'had nothing with the work centers defined in WorkCenter Maintenance'.

Br, Alex.