cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug WORKFLOW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I am new to workflow & I am currently facing a problem in testing WORKFLOW which is already existing.

The current scenario is 'I need to click a 'SEND' button in portal after giving some input data.When I click this SEND button, the control goes

to BOR OBJECT method(in ECC), 'CALCULATE', then a mail will trigger to my user id in ECC.

In the method CALCULATE I want to see how the calculations are going on.What ever calculations are done here,the same will be posted in mail while which will be sent to my userid.

Debugging the above scenario:I am currently setting a break point in BOR METHOD 'CALCULATE' and then I am opening a portal & giving some input data & then clicking on SEND button.The control did not stop where I have set the break point.

After 2-3 minutes I can see the mail in 'SBWP' t-code with out any Break point trigger.

My intention is to see how the logic inside  CALCULATE method is being executed.But as the break point is not getting triggered I am not able to see  how it is working.

Could any one please throw some light on how to debug th above scenario?

Regards,

Bhaskar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

Check out SWELS and SWEL Tcodes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear bhaskar,

Workflow methods are debugged in two ways:

1. Go to swo1 open business object->methos-> set breakpoint & execute from swo1 itself.

2 . if you want to debug methos while executing workflow do the following coding:

open your calculate method, write the code as below after data declaration:

data : lv_x type c.

while lv_x NE 'X'.

endwhile.

activate.

click Send button in portal.

G to T-code SM50, your process is still waiting, select it go to menu->program->debug.

now you can debug it, and find the calculation.

regards

goudham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar‚

Had you posted this one on the workflow forum‚would have got a quick response. Anyhow coming back to your question‚ we can't debug a workflow like other ABAP objects as the different tasks in a workflow are executed separately and not in the same session. Since you know the BOR method that you want to debug‚ you can go to SWO1, set breakpoint in the method and execute the method with the relevant parameters.

Let me know if you face any issues doing this.

Thanks

Vipin