cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 4.6C (SR2) Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I need some advices and other things, such as technical information, that you want to share with me.

My main goal is to do an installation of a SAP R/3 4.6C (SR2) and then perform a sap upgrade of it to the version SAP ECC 6.0 (SAP ERP). I want to do this in platform Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) x64 on an Oracle 10.2! (with 4Gb RAM)

For this own project, I already install in a server the RHEL (v5.8) and I also did the download of all files that I will need for this activity in SAP Marketplace.

I´m reading the installation guide for SAP R/3 4.6C (SR2) and I´m reading the sap notes for the preparation tasks, like 387074, 387077, 387078, 171356 and 1048303. During this reading, I confess that I am with some doubts, one of them, is for instance, where I can find the R3SETUP and INSTGUI setup? I really don´t know where they are, I got a bunch of CD Media, but I can´t find any of them in there, the "installation master" for R/3 installation (4.6C SR2)!

Can you help me please?

Kind regards,

samid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check

SAP R/3 3.1I-4.6B have been in customer-specific maintenance since January 01, 2007. Existing Support Packages for these releases are available in the Software Download Center Archive.
New installations of or upgrades to these releases are no longer supported. If you need i.e. an installation in the context of a database or operating system migration, please create a customer message under component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP.

Mainstream maintenance for SAP R/3 4.6C ended on December 31, 2006. SAP offers extended maintenance for this release from January 01, 2007 to March 31, 2013. You can order extended maintenance via an online order form.

and

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157566

Best regards

Kaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

All you said is true... but I didn´t ask that...!!

This is for self-training, only for that purpose, not for register the system in SAP Marketplace.

Sorry but that didn´t helped in what I need to know

Kind regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If you do not own a SAP license then you can download only trial versions shown as below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/software-downloads?startIndex=1